rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: Tow bar storage  (Read 157 times)

4winds4me

• ---
Tow bar storage
« on: October 09, 2019, 12:36:40 PM »
So with those with a tow bar attached to your RV , when in storage do you remove it or leave it locked on the the receiver hitch, Iíve been going back and forth , seems more safe locked on the receiver vs putting it in the RV storage compartment? Thanks

John From Detroit

• ---
  • ^My New Home^
    • Diabetics Forum
Re: Tow bar storage
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2019, 01:04:57 PM »
Never store RV so not an issue but LOCKED to the recriver or LOCKED in a storage compatment.. the 2nd on is "outta sight" but .. If someone breaks a lock it's gone either way.

Tied to a pit bull... (Well a animatronic statue of one) that might work.

And the sneak thief might even leave a brown smelly DNA sample when the "Dog" Barks.
Nothing adds excitement like something that is none of your business
My Home is where I park it.

HappyWanderer

• ---
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2019, 01:45:10 PM »
Ours lives in the receiver, with lock and cover in place. Actually two receiver locks, because it has a 3 inch drop adapter.
WARNING: This post may contain a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer, or birth defects or other reproductive harm.

Utclmjmpr

• ---
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2019, 03:11:02 PM »
' Mine stays folded on the Jeep and locked.>>>D
Vary rare American Tradition 38TT/330 turbo Cummins
Last year Jeep liberty 4 down
72 VW Baja 4 down
Cedar City, Utah
USAF vet. 59-63
FMCA F312919
The difference between intelligence & stupidity is: intelligence has it's limits
      Albert Einstein.

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2019, 07:21:57 PM »
Mine mostly lived on the coach, but I used to remove it sometime during the off-season for a routine clean & lube on my workbench. If I had storage space available, I'd leave it off until ready to begin travel again.  If my shop and storage was full (it's most common state). it went back on the coach again.  With its storage cover in place, to protect it a bit.  This is at our Florida home - I probably would have left it off if in the snowbelt.
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck
Summers: Black Mountain, NC
Home: Ocala National Forest, FL

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
  • Celebrating 25 years of The RV Forum online.
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2019, 08:04:05 PM »
Ours has always stayed in the receiver, whether in storage or in an RV park. We have a heavy duty canvas cover that slides over the (folded) tow bar when in storage or parked for an extended time. But that's mainly a convenient place to tuck the safety cables and electrical cord.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 03:08:14 PM by Tom »
Tom.  Need help? Click the Help button in the toolbar above.