Anbody use the WEN 56200i Super Quiet 2000-Watt Portable Inverter Generator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

0949er

We are going into the mountains late next week and I am wanting to take a quite generator with me to charge the batteries in the day/evening. I have personally seen the super quite Hondas that is 100% what I am looking for except for the price. My buddy told me about the WEN generator and said it was about just as quite and as far as I can tell from technical specs he is correct. Has anybody seen or had first hand experience with the WEN super quite generator? I want to a) not annoy people as much as possible and B) have a reliable generator for when I need it. Any comments?

Thanks

Yup....I've had one for a few years now.
Good genny. Quite as the Honda and Yamaha.
Never had an issue with it.
Would definitely buy another.

Consumer Reports did a very favorable review of the Predator generator available at Harbor Freight.  Very comparable performance to the Honda at less than half the price.

Harbor Freight also includes an exploded diagram, parts list and a number to call for technical support for all of their products.

Depends on how much you plan to use it. If just occasional it will probably last but for years of reliable service step up to the Honda or Yamaha. Then there is the issue of parts and service. Honda outlets are everywhere, the knockoffs are sold by chain stores and rv dealers who are not equipped to support them. The Wen is a rebadged Honda clone made in China and the price reflects that.

I just looked at the WEN and Predator on Amazon and you can get there 3 or 4 year protection plan added (for about 60.00 to 80.00) to the purchase. I will need to read up more on the specifics of the warranty to understand it better, unless someone knows about them here.

I have the WEN 3100 version... ran it next to by buddies Honda of comparable size... ours is just a little louder, but not by much.

Have around 50 hours on it... fuel tank size is good, runs fairly quiet, has a 2yr warranty versus the Harbor Freight which I think was 90 days, not super heavy... and for the price, have found it to be great for our needs. Runs the A/C and the microwave at the same time with no problems...

Recommend the product? absolutely.

0949er said:
Has anybody seen or had first hand experience with the WEN super [quiet] generator?

I've had this model generator for about 4 years now.  I've only used it camping a few times because my RV has a genset already.  I've used it a lot for powering yard equipment and power tools, and a bit of operating my amateur radio gear in remote locations.  It powers my class A except A/C just fine when I don't want to hear the Onan hammering away.  Takes a few pulls to start if it sits a few months, otherwise if it's been run recently it starts on the first pull.  For what service I've gotten from it, a Honda at 2x-3x the price would not be any better. 

The harbor freight gensets are probably OK, but I think I would get the extended warranty.  I don't think there's much of a service network for these and if you have the extended warranty you'll get a replacement unit in the event of a problem.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

Back
Top Bottom