Quartzsite RVForum 2008 Rally - Info/SignUp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bob Buchanan

2008 RVFORUM QUARTZSITE RALLY (Saturday, January 19 through Sunday, January 27, 2008)

It's not too early to begin thinking about your travel plans for January '08 -- and to include the annual RVForum Quartzsite rally in those plans. In January '07, over 100 forum members and/or their family and friends attended. The numbers continue to grow each year -- which translates to, "It is a wonderful place to spend a few weeks during January".

Please go to THIS Web Page for the detailed info I have put together for you. There you will find who is attending, the history of the event, all about BLM land parking, what to expect in terms of weather and such, rally activities -- and some representative pictures taken from last or other prior years. You will also find detailed directions on how to find the rally site.

How to sign up: If you let me know "on this thread" that you plan to attend, I will update the page to let everyone know who is going to be there. This is "not" a reservation list.  We are parked on over 11,000 acres of BLM land so never need to worry about losing out on a parking site. When you decide and are planning to attend -- please let me know. We do want to know how many will be there for our event planning so please do not post until you are planning vs. just thinking about attending. It is OK, of course, to cancel if your plans change.

When posting your name/s on this thread, please also post your home state. If for any reason name security is an issue, just post your first names or handle plus the state. We "do" like to go by real names on the RVForum, at least first names if at all possible.

Note: My info/sign up page has a number of pictures and a few sounds -- so the first time you download, it may take awhile. However, after that it should go much faster. The sounds are "streaming" so they don't have to be fully downloaded to start playing. The pics are very low res -- so shouldn't take too long even the first time.

THIS link (also on my web page) is the official web site of the Big RV Show and other Quartzsite events at the time of our rally.

Over the next few months I may be away from my computers from time to time -- so may not get your names added to the sign-up list right away. However I "will" always be checking back and catching up.

I just added my name to the Sign-up List -- am looking forward to adding yours . . . 

Hi Bob!

Of course, Jerry and Ardra will attend as usual.

ArdraF

Marlene & I are also planning on attending. Haven't missed a QZ rally since we bought our first coach. :D :D

This sounds interesting to me.  I can't fully commit to it this early, but January is the time I was looking at going fulltime and getting out of dodge (or VA in reality), so that might just dovetail in with my plans.

Might be a nice way to start my RV life.  ;D

So I guess... list me as tentative for that entire time.

Are the fees listed ($30) covering the entire stay?  Or is that a per-day fee?  Sorry, I'm still mostly a newbie.  How is cell coverage (verizon wireless)?

thanks,
jim

Hello Jim:

Glad to read that you are thinking about QZ. That's why I post early -- and we especially want to increase the number of "new to QZ" members of the forum. That number really jumped last January -- and we want to continue that trend.

>> So I guess... list me as tentative for that entire time.
====
We don't keep a "tentative" list -- but keep us in mind and when you decide, let me know. You "for sure" do not have to worry about not getting a parking place. :)  Remember, we are "not" taking reservations.

>> Are the fees listed ($30) covering the entire stay?  Or is that a per-day fee?
====
Actually, the fees have gone up again -- and I will be changing my web page to reflect those changes. This year it is $40. for 14 days and $180. for the season. A season is September 15 to April 15 or 7 months. Yes, the $40. is for 14 days, or less than $3.00/day.

>> How is cell coverage (Verizon wireless)?
====
Getting on line is not a problem. Many of those attending have Internet Sat Dishes -- and Verizon has a strong single in the area. I have had both Cingular (AT&T now) while at the site and tho Verizon has been the best of the two -- Cingular worked OK for me. But again, WiFi will be in abundance.

Do try to make it, Jim. If only the 5 who have signed up so far attend, you would be parked among about 100 years of RVing experience -- and among great RVing friends.

At this time I plan on being there however other factors will make the final decision for me.. Just now funds are real tight, however when house vanishes from my budget (As I hope it will) that changes.  I have 3 weeks to get there as planned,,, FROM DETROIT and limited budget for fuel.. Unlike prior years when fuel budget was not limited.

However if house sells.. Once I hit QZ... I'm off the clock!

Side note: Just reading elsewhere about someone who lost a generator (Not the poster) 3 miles east of QZ last jan.  They had secured it with a nice strong aircraft grade steel cable... The theives had cable cutters.

I suggested to the poster they try 3 miles SOUTH next year :)

Assuming I make it,,, I refilled the helium tank for the balloon... The other place I planned on using it, well.. The weather was not nice at all,  Too much wind-rain-and what goes with it to try flying an antenna.  Thus the tank is still full.

Mike and Wendy will be there, Sam too. Maybe we'll even have the Thing with us.

won't be staying on site since i have a place at tews date palm on tyson #33 but will be looking forward to meeting alot of you and going to the pot luck and some time around the fire . wendy crank up the buffet and marly.
          steve lumbert

Helaine & Wally said:
Hi Bob,
We will be there and I am bringing my whistle!

Helaine & Wally

I know you don't need it to walk, but you better bring your cane to keep everyone in line !!

Wendy
Moriarty, NM

I have a couple of walking sticks I use from time to time, Not that I need them but they do greatly extend my range and make it a lot more comfortable... At a recent meeting/get-together when our fearsome leader was speaking I offered him the oak one (it's the larger of the  two) and his line was: Yes, Speak softly and carry a big stick!  (I heard that before)

Yup, canes are useful.. So are quarterstaffs.

Fred and Daisy will be there, the road gods willing and the crick don't rise...... :eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom