Quartzsite RVForum 2008 Rally - Info/SignUp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jim Dick said:
Hi Bob,

It is with extreme difficulty that I read your message. We have not made the QZ rally for two years and won't again this year. It really saddens me that we will miss out on another great rally but we will be there in spirit. I'm hoping we can get back there in the next year or two. I still want to see those Barbizon photos about which we spoke!!!! ;D ;D ;D I hope you all will have another great rally.

You will for sure be missed -- again, Jim. I recall your last trip West to QZ -- especially the photo jaunt that you and Ron M. took me -- and then scared me w/your off road antics. :eek: :) It "was" fun though and we all got some great shots. The panoramic banner pic on my web page was taken that day.

It is always OK for you to change your mind and head West again, Jim. We will save a spot for you just in case. Those Barbizon pics are alway in my the portfolio I keep tucked away in a rig compartment. So "whenever" we cross paths I would look forward to sharing the pics and some of the stories behind them.

Bob Buchanan said:
You will for sure be missed -- again, Jim. I recall your last trip West to QZ -- especially the photo jaunt that you and Ron M. took me -- and then scared me w/your off road antics. :eek: :) It "was" fun though and we all got some great shots. The panoramic banner pic on my web page was taken that day.

It is always OK for you to change your mind and head West again, Jim. We will save a spot for you just in case. Those Barbizon pics are alway in my the portfolio I keep tucked away in a rig compartment. So "whenever" we cross paths I would look forward to sharing the pics and some of the stories behind them.

Bob,

I really miss the "fireside chats" we've had. It's always a pleasure to talk with you and taking you on our off road antics. :) Won't be able to do quite as much as before since I had to trade the GV for a Dakota pickup to carry the motorcycle. Still will be able to get some off roading trips accomplished. I know Pete did The Ridge in his Dakota but I know Pat won't go since she didn't enjoy it that much in the GV! ;D  Not sure when we'll be back but I'm hoping very soon. If it wasn't for Texas we could make it more frequently. Three days and 900 miles is just too much!

We will be thinking of all of you and reading the messages with jealousy.

If it wasn't for Texas we could make it more frequently. Three days and 900 miles is just too much!

Gosh Jim its ONLY 868 miles across Texas. ;D ;D

hey guys i drove my little scooter out to the forum spot the other day, no one around both the 30a and the 50a site are free so first come gets it lol

steve

ps. they put down new gravel it is nice and smooth

Ron said:
If it wasn't for Texas we could make it more frequently. Three days and 900 miles is just too much!

Gosh Jim its ONLY 868 miles across Texas. ;D ;D

Miust be something different with our odometers because mine registered 899 the last time I checked. ;D OK, I just checked SA and it shows the last exit in Texas, a little before the border with Lousiana, at 880. ;D ;D

In any case it is a long way accross Texas.  Fact is it is further from Houston TX to El Paso TX than it is from El Paso, TX to LA, CA.

Ron said:
In any case it is a long way accross Texas.  Fact is it is further from Houston TX to El Paso TX than it is from El Paso, TX to LA, CA.

Ron:

But I-10 is such a scenic drive. ;D

YOU must be watching a video instead of the Scenery.Best part of I 10 is when you get off of it.

It looks, just now, like I may not make QZ This coming January.  If someone wants to spring for Helium I can send a balloon (takes about 200 Cubic Feet for the entire stay)  But the folks who were supposed to rent the house backed out and less someone comes forward and buys it I can't afford gas and house payments.. I'm kind of hard pressed to do either one.  Will talk to a bank Monday (Planned on it today but alas, wife went shopping and we are now one car)  Hate blowing out the water lines.

Hi Bob and everyone!

Well, I said I would try for 2007 and that darned heart surgery got in the way. I'm feeling fine now, Mary-Ann is eager to go and we're headed south in about 3 days.

We are really looking forward to meeting everyone and experiencing camping in the desert, not to mention the whold Quartzite thing!

I will be catching up on the forum over the next little while (we went to Alaska this summer and then moved to a small town from Calgary so I haven't been good at signing in to the forum) and expect to be in the Yuma area for most of the next couple of months.

John, Mary-Ann & Panda Bear

Call me Happy Calgary Camper  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Good for you John and Mary-Ann. Looking forward to meeting you in Quartzsite. Try to find a dry, snowless route south.

Wendy
Death Valley NP

Well.... I have somewhat sad news.  Looks like I and my site marker won't be making it to QZ this year (Less I win a lotto) The folks who were supposed to rent the house did not.  So, perhaps next year (One can hope) meanwhile I'm going to get to sing with the choir come Christmas and that is a very good thing too.

See you all in 2009 it appears

Please add Norm 'n' Dee Landree to the list of 'QZ dessert dwellers'.  You can tell who I am, I will be wearing my Damn Name Tag.  Hope to see all our old friends and look forward to meeting some new ones.

Norm

Norm, looking forward to seeing both of you there.  Lots to talk about :)

Normalwa said:
Please add Norm 'n' Dee Landree to the list of 'QZ dessert dwellers'.  You can tell who I am, I will be wearing my Damn Name Tag.  Hope to see all our old friends and look forward to meeting some new ones.

Norm & Dee

Glad we'll have a chance to say hello again. Once a year isn't enough :D

John In Detroit said:
See you all in 2009 it appears

John, if there is any chance that your place may be rented by January you still may be able to come to QZ -- and sing in the choir as well. So I will leave you names on the list until you tell me for sure otherwise . . .

It took me "years" after becoming a full timer to sell my properties. But that was in the early 90's when property value downward trend curves resembled a ski jump approach angle. :(  Those assets were depreciating faster than my RV. <sigh>

calgary camper said:
We are really looking forward to meeting everyone and experiencing camping in the desert, not to mention the whold Quartzite thing!
John, Mary-Ann & Panda Bear

Call me Happy Calgary Camper  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Great news, John and Mary-Ann. So glad you are feeling better -- and that we will have your company at QZ. Be careful tho -- the "Quartzsite Thing" can be addicting to some. I got hooked about 5 years ago, and have returned every year since.

Have a safe trip -- and we look forward to shareing some quality desert time with you both . . .

Normalwa said:

Glad to read that you and Dee will be returning again this year, Norm.

Yes, it's good to wear that name tag. If you recall, Helaine now has a killer attack dog to backup her whistle. :eek: My understanding is that she is now trained to attack anyone not wearing their name tag . . .

NOTE TO LURKERS: Please check out the first few posts in this thread for links to more info on the RV Forum Quartzsite rally . . .

Back
Top Bottom