Quartzsite RVForum 2008 Rally - Info/SignUp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's Helaine's rules on name tags. She enforces the rules with the aid of her whistle  ;D

Will Wendy &/or Mike be providing badges this year?

Attachments

• rules3.jpg
    rules3.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 39
  • whistle.jpg
    whistle.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 34
  • badge.jpg
    badge.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 35
Believe me that you will know when the whistle is for you.  You'll be the only one talking.  :D :D :D  Been there done that  ;D ;D

Rule 1 is Wear your name tag

Rule 2 is Wear your damn name tag

Does that answer the question about whether or not you have to wear name tags??
And, yes, Mike &/or Wendy will make name tags for those who don't have them....we may even spell Quartzsite right this year.

Wendy
Death Valley NP

LOL Wendy, if you forget the spelling again, you could just use 'QZ'.

wendycoke said:
....we may even spell Quartzsite right this year.

Thanks, Wendy. Probably one of the most mispelled names of a town in the US. My first year of going to QZ -- or even knowing there was such a spot, I would say to myself when typing, "It is a SITE where there is a lot of QUARTZ". Then hope that both the "Z" and the "S" arrived in print, and in the right order.  ??? ??? :)

Since I have a "pintsize" motorhome, I guess I'll have wait for my "quartsize" motorhome before I can attend QZ.  :)  ;)  :D  ;D

carson FL.

wendycoke said:
And, yes, Mike &/or Wendy will make name tags for those who don't have them....we may even spell Quartzsite right this year.

Wendy

I don't know, Quartzite is becoming a tradition ;D ;D

Well, MY name badge has Quartzite but Mike's has Quartzsite.

Carson - You don't need a giant RV to enjoy Quartz(s)ite. That's one of the great things about the place...you see everything from pop-up VWs to million-dollar motorhomes. And Helaine makes them ALL wear name tags.

Wendy
65 degrees in Death Valley NP

I know that, Wendy. Guess I am a punster at heart.
  Wish I could be there but this time will be a no-no. But it never hurts to plan ahead for some other year. Have a lot of them to go, I think!

Carson FL, also 65 degrees here at 5pm. We're freezing. Darn this global warming :)

Hey There!
A little tattletale (Margi) told me my name was being bantered about.
I most certainly will be in QZ with my whistles and an old cane just in case I must use it to keep the unruly mob in order. 
Name tags are important because.....
I am old and can't remember stuff.
We have many newbies
and I like knowing just who I am yelling at and whose drink I just drove in to the next county with my cane. ( Right Karl?)
And it is true that our puppy has grown into a fierce fighting machine. All 10 pounds of her. You will recognize her as she rides by in her pretty pink stroller
Can't wait to see you all at QZ. (If you use QZ you don't have to worry about spelling)

Helaine

From the little tattletail.  ;) 

(I live just down the street from Helaine about 6 months a year, so I must do what I can to stay on "The Whistler's" good side, you understand. ) :eek:

Helaine had her other knee replaced this year.  (Secret info  ... she doesn't use canes any more.)  So, you might have been  able to ignore her whistle in past years, but can you now outrun Helaine with her retro-fitted knees?  Fair warning to name tag shirkers and scotch drinkers.  Be afraid ... be very afraid.  :eek:

We're going to miss you all at Quartzsite this year, but we treasure our memories of all of you from gatherings of previous years. 

Margi

Helaine, since you won't have Karl to pick on this year, I'm holding my drinks in both hands :)

KARL:

Where are you going to be in January? QZ will never be the same. ;D ;D

Jeff,
QZ is never the same, regardless of who is or isn't there! ;) Even heard tell that the infamous bookseller will now be required to wear somewhat more than he has in the past - sorry, girls. Oh, and the roads have changed a lot too. This comes from people that were there recently.

This winter Hercule and I will be scouting the Southeastern U.S., trying to cram in as many C.O.E. camps as possible and visiting old friends. Currently working on a Habitat project in Hattiesburg, MS and may do a few more in the Gulf region.

Sorry Helaine, but you won't have me to kick around this year! I'm sure you'll have no trouble finding other people to accost. Beware, everyone!  ;D

Hi Karl,
I don't think there are many women who will be sorry that the book seller will now have to wear more clothes.The view wasn't much to begin with. We followed him as he peddled his bike into town. EWWWW!!
We were through QZ a few weeks ago and things are shaping up. Some old places gone, some new ones in their place
We will miss you but you know the rules. If you are not there we get to talk about you.
Anybody know any good dirt on Karl?

Helaine & Wally said:
Anybody know any good dirt on Karl?

Shoot, he won't be there to deny anything so we can make up stuff about him. There are many in the forum with vivid imaginations not to mention photographic abilities....paste Karl's face on a picture of the bookseller??

I have no shortage of stories about Karl, 40 years of them :D

We are racking up all the "Can't do that no more experiences"; Copper Canyon by flat car and Sue posing with the bare bookselller. ;D ;D

Attachments

• Quartzsite Bookseller.0 [800x600].jpg
    Quartzsite Bookseller.0 [800x600].jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 53
Tom:

Our kids didn't believe it when I posted this on our blog. ;D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member