Recommendations for campsites - VT side of Lake Champlain - 1st week OCT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

31qbss

We would like to see the fall colors AND this area of Vermont ... but I can't seem to figure out what is a really good campsite.  Would LOVE something on the lake with a wonderful view ... but I have seen some really bad reviews of a couple and am not making progress in my search!

We want to stay 3 or 4 nights over the weekend of the 4th October. 

Would like full hookups - sewer, tv, electric and water.  30amp service.

Any recommendations?

We spent a lot of time in Vermont when were unfortunate enough to be assigned to Montreal by my employer.  In our opinion the most beautiful campground in Vermont is called Limehurst Lake located about 2 miles South of Williamstown Vermont which is South of Barrie.  Beautiful setting with a small lake surrounded by small hills. Some of the most beautiful photos I took in Vermont was at this campground.

Email [email protected]

Thank you ... I made a reservation for early october .. in the spaces where their permanent / seasonal renters have vacated. 

Sue

31qbss said:
Thank you ... I made a reservation for early october .. in the spaces where their permanent / seasonal renters have vacated. 

Sue

I am sure you will enjoy it.  Tell the owner hi for us.  Great people.  We have not been there since the year we were on our way to Main for the FMCA rally but had to turn back as Sam's father was not doing well.

Ron is right, I live 6 miles away from this campground and you'll like it a lot, nice folks, nice campground. Bring a coat. Another one would be Lone Pine Campground a little closer to the Lake.

Picture at the left is my house taken at minus 22 degrees but that was during February.

Fabulous ... thanks to the two people who recommended it.  We just got back a couple of days ago.  Great campground ... clean, quiet, small, fabulous scenery ... what can I say ...

Sue

31qbss said:
Fabulous ... thanks to the two people who recommended it.  We just got back a couple of days ago.  Great campground ... clean, quiet, small, fabulous scenery ... what can I say ...
Sue
How was the autumn foliage?

At Limehurst Lake it was not quite peak ... it had been too warm to really turn those colors.  We noticed pockets of greener trees all the way north of Montpelier.  I imagine peak color for Limehurst will be this weekend and during next week.

Sue

The Peak is starting now in central Vermont. Come up and see the beautiful trees...no time like the present.
Perk
Northfield, Vermont

Back
Top Bottom