awning challenges

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

willjm3931

Ok, where do I start.  I am really fed up with the awning on my pup.  First of all, when I put the awning up, the cover hangs down and get caught in the door.  Second, if there is any wind the poles fall out.  Third, some of the sites that I have been on there isn't enough room for the poles.  The fourth and final straw, the zipper broke this weekend.  Is there an awning out there for pups that work like ones that I see on tt's.

I recall seeing  a larger popup once that had a small carefree or A&E type awing on it.  You might want to contact a dealer to see if they are still available.

After the wind blew our awning on top of the Pop-up it broke the poles and I replaced it with a Carefree.

I would look at the Campout and the Supersport. I would have went with the SuperSport but it would not fit. so I went with the Campout. It was much better than the A/E Awning that came with the pop-up. If you are thinking about the SuperSport Make sure that you follow the measurement requirements before you order.

CareFree SuperSport

CareFree Campout

We have an AE Trim Line 7' x 10' self storing bag awning (I guess that is how it would be described)..  It has worked OK for us.  I know you want to get a different awning and good luck w it.  Just some notes:

1. We fixed the "bag hanging down" problem by adding Velcro tabs every foot to the inside lip of the bag.  We just stick the bottom of the bag to the awning bottom after set up.

2. The poles on our model of Trim Line are 'self contained' that is they are attached to the cross rail and can't fly off.  We also ALWAYS tie the awning down as soon as we set up.

3. I have not had a problem with space to set  up the poles.  If I have enough room for the awning I have enough room for the poles.

4..I agree the bag zipper is a weak point.  Ours has not failed yet.  Knock on wood.  It does stick and give problems some times.  We do keep a zipper repair kit in my tool box.

Again, good luck in finding an awning that is robust and meets your needs.  Give a follow-up when you get one. 

Thanks for the info.  I kind of like the campout.  I am afraid I would keep walking into the supports of the supersport.  When I have my cooktop mounted to the side of camper, I set a table beside it while cooking.  I guess it would take a couple head smacks and I would get use to it.

Back
Top Bottom