Atwood G6A-7E water heater circuit board

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dchellberg

I am trying to find out what Dometic part replaces the circuit board for a Atwood G6A-7E water heater. It is in a 1994 Fleetwood Coronado. I am also looking for the location of the Transfer Switch for the generator. The generator starts and runs fine but does not power the RV. It is an Onan 7000. Thanks!

I'm not very experienced in this area as far as your transfer switch. You may not have one. You may have to take the power cord for the RV and plug it directly into the generator. I could be out in left field on this one. Someone set me straight if need be.

Rene T said:
I'm not very experienced in this area as far as your transfer switch. You may not have one. You may have to take the power cord for the RV and plug it directly into the generator. I could be out in left field on this one. Someone set me straight if need be.

7K generator would indicate he has 2 air conditioners. Not ultra low end stuff. Probably has a transfer switch.

It's more likely to be behind the 120v load center (breaker box), but that may also be the location of the converter/charger on a Coronado. The 120v breakers and 12v fuses are in the same place, according to the owner manual. It doesn't say anything about the transfer switch or converter, though.  One reference I saw claims a '94 Coronado has a Magnetek 950 converter/charger, so that would be separate from the breaker panel (the 950 is a deck mount converter).

The sure way to find the ATS is to follow either the genset cord or the shore cord until you find the place the two come together. That's the ATS.  If that's not practical, follow the main feed wire into the load center (breaker box) backwards until you find it.

*** This topic from 2012 asks the same question and the ATS was eventually found to be behind the load center breaker panel.
http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php?topic=56800.0

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lmw
Back
Top Bottom