Spot Roof Repair On Glendale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Metalman RVer

We are in the North & did a winterization of the Glendale last weekend, including retracting the 3 slide outs.

I did a roof inspection & found a little spot that had opened up a tiny bit where a previous owner had spot patched it & yesterday I applied a bit of Dicor 502LSW levelling sealant.

The little repair is right by the back termination bar.  I am quite inexperienced at roof repairs but usually go up on the RV to inspect the roof 4 times a year & often find a little spots here & there where there is a tiny crack opened up that needs attention.

Does this type of spot repair look ok right beside the termination bar or does more need to be done? I believe this to be an EPDM rubber roof. The roof in general looks good to me.

There have never been any roof leaks inside the RV as far as I know & I try to stay on top of the inspections.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20191026_154115.jpg
    20191026_154115.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 41
  • 20191026_154120.jpg
    20191026_154120.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 31
I would have cleaned off that black mold first, but other than that it looks ok.  The reason for removing the mold (other than cosmetic) is that the mold can prevent or reduce the bond between the Dicor and the roof membrane. The Dicor is stuck to the mold rather than the roof, so if the mold comes loose, the caulk might come with it.

Looks like it will keep the water out which is the goal.

I agree with Gary about cleaning the mold off.  I'd use Dawn soap and then clean the area with alcohol. 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chewys79
Back
Top Bottom