Tire inspection near Tampa, FL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

timjet

I've noticed some unusual wear on both my steer tires. They are Michelin tires dated 2014 with about 40,000 miles. I'm not knowledgeable about whether this wear is something I need to correct by realignment and or if new tires are in order.
Can anyone suggest a tire store than will give me an honest opinion about these tires near the Tampa or Orlando area. If I need to replace them I'm thinking of Hankook. Opinions?

Best truck/Rv tire store in Central Florida is Crawford Tire https://www.crawfordtireservice.com/
They have  been business since 1967. Just off of the Turnpike and HWY 50

I got a set of Sumitomo St727 275/70r22.5 Load H 16 Ply All Position tires there. They were less than three months old, all same batch number. Made in Japan Rv Tires will age out before they wear out !!

I had a alignment issue with my axles on my 5th wheel and took it a place called Tampa Springs right here in Lakeland. I was very very satisfied with the alignment they did. They have a shop in Tampa someplace. I would highly recommend them.

2014 tires with wear problems? Replace them. Wear problems? You need the front end inspected for worn parts and alignment. Are you running the correct air pressure? Finding a trustworthy repair center? That's harder, but whatever work needs to be done, YOU are the one to approve the work, and THEY are the ones who must show you the proof. Do some research ahead to cut through the sales spiel.

I see Hankooks on vehicles all the time.  They cant be too bad!  I had them for a while on a four winds Ford e450 and sold the RV before I put too many miles on them but I liked them.  I dont think you can go wrong with Hankooks.

My advice is to try and find someone with as close a match to YOUR RV as possible and find out what they replaced them with, and if they are satisfied. Tires may react differently on different vehicles due to a number of factors of suspension, weight, wind resistance and other things.

This is a "Your mileage may vary..." answer.  I had Michelin's that finally started to crack so I went into hyper research mode for price and quality. I finally selected Toyo M100's (six of them) and I'm sorry to say they wandered all over the road.  I had JoSam in Orlando do an alignment and verified through RVSEF (?) with an all wheel weight check that I had the correct air pressure. Nothing seemed to help.  Several people told me to just put a few thousand miles and it will be OK, but after about 6600 miles they still had the same issue.  I've since traded the RV off so I don't know how it is now.  I'm convinced that the Michelin's with the FMCA discount would have been a much better choice since that was the original equipment and the RV never had that problem with the Michelins. My $.02 worth which is exactly what it is probably worth! 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom