Winter Storage - Bounder in Colorado

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Geoff@Charley

I had thought I had found a "full service" storage facility to leave my 2011 Bounder 35H. I need advice and opinions about where I now find myself.

After leaving my rig there, they informed me that a) they do not provide any storage for covers when not in use b) they will not cover my rig for me and c) they will not remove batteries and store indoors with a trickle charge.

To the third issue, I now need to figure out the best option for in-rig winterizing of three batteries. I see two choices:

1) connect to shore power ($20/mo). There are disconnect switches for the inverter and both house & chassis batteries. Should they be connected or disconnected?
2) there is a small solar panel on the roof. I believe this is for trickle charge only. Again, should the inverter and each battery be connected or disconnected?

Finally, what is members opinion on a facility not providing rig covering and battery storage service?

Thanks in advance for any advice, opinions or suggestions.

Finally, what is members opinion on a facility not providing rig covering and battery storage service?
If that were offered, I'd expect it to be for extra cost, because it would take more manpower, thus more employees. In any case, I'm not a fan of covering the rig, especially with the winds you likely get in Boulder on occasion. And they'd likely need additional space, preferably indoors, to store batteries, so more cost. That, and more people needed, is probably why they don't offer it.

To the third issue, I now need to figure out the best option for in-rig winterizing of three batteries. I see two choices:

1) connect to shore power ($20/mo). There are disconnect switches for the inverter and both house & chassis batteries. Should they be connected or disconnected?
2) there is a small solar panel on the roof. I believe this is for trickle charge only. Again, should the inverter and each battery be connected or disconnected?
I'd opt for the shore power hookup, since it would allow for keeping the batteries up, and I'll note that electric isn't free for them. Your rig probably has a good 3-stage built in charger so I'd feel this was the best option for the batteries, and it would also be more convenient for me, in many ways. And with the shore hookup I'd leave the switches on. That trickle charging from solar is not adequate for keeping the batteries up.

Likely others will have a different outlook, but that's my take.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom