Ford 6.7 diesel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TonyL

I,m not sure if this has been mentioned on the forum but the check engine light came on a few days ago. Checks showed a problem with the reductant heater assembly. ( DEF tank heater) codes were P20 BA and P20 B9. Took it to a Ford dealer who advised that Ford know of an issue with the heater and were extending warranty for this item to 11 years or 130000 miles. Result was been back today to have the faulty item replaced without cost.
Nice when manufacturers realize their problems and react correctly.
Regards
TonyL

From the Ford letter to dealers it would seem from 2011 and it is for all models with the 6.7 ltr diesel. Our truck is a 2016 F350 with just over 37K on the clock. For anyone interested or affected, Google Ford defectant heater.

Ford will only act on vehicles that show an active fault code. If you get the engine warning light and the code is either P20 BA or P20 B9, DO NOT HAVE IT RESET.
Take it to the Ford dealer, they have been instructed to prioritize affected vehicles.

Hi Lynnmor, that's the one. I pulled up the letter from Ford but couldn't copy it to post using my phone, but it is on Google.

Back
Top Bottom