Strange Repair on our 5th. Wheeler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

billwild

On our 5th. wheeler we have parked in Apache Junction, Arizona. We had very little water pressure when we opened her up. I called in our favorite repair guy and he went through the trailer. What he found was there was no screen on the water inlet on the side of the trailer. During the summer while we were away, bugs got into the inlet and plugged up all the filters and aerators in the trailer, they were in dire need of water i guess. He went through the trailer and carefully cleaned all of them, then added a small screen filter to the outside water inlet. The water now flows in the trailer like it did when the trailer was new. When we leave to go home, I will put a cap on the outlet as well.

Bill

Not so strange, insects will find and take advantage of any openings. I neglected to replace the missing cap on the city water inlet, that cost me some time and aggravation too. Did you take notes while he was doing the repair?

billwild said:
On our 5th. wheeler we have parked in Apache Junction, Arizona. We had very little water pressure when we opened her up. I called in our favorite repair guy and he went through the trailer. What he found was there was no screen on the water inlet on the side of the trailer. During the summer while we were away, bugs got into the inlet and plugged up all the filters and aerators in the trailer, they were in dire need of water i guess. He went through the trailer and carefully cleaned all of them, then added a small screen filter to the outside water inlet. The water now flows in the trailer like it did when the trailer was new. When we leave to go home, I will put a cap on the outlet as well.

Bill

Time to sanitize your entire system unless you don't mind drinking bug stuff.

All water entering my Rig goes through a charcoal filter.. First there is an inlet screen (Well if I'm using city water first is a pressure regulator and it has an inlet strainer)  Then the home made filter (Time to renew it too) which is filter floss and charcoal granuals in a 3" (I suggest 2") PVC pipe. Then the inlet screen on the RV.. When not connected the connections are plugged.. Not had a problem with the fresh system.

Here in Apache Junction, we do not drink the water from the taps on the site as the water has a lot of calcium in it. Have to drain and flush the hot water heater often. There is a water dispensing machine here and the water is very good for drinking. I was standing there watching the repair guy the whole time, so yes I am prepared and know where all the filters and aerators are now, and I mentioned earlier I will cap the water inlet when we leave to go home in April.

Bill

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom