Help! Cannot find an owner's manual anywhere (1984 prowler regal)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DeeChenoa

Hello, i was given an old camper by a coworker at my old job. I am living in it. I need to repair and winterize alot of stuff. It was 7? this morning! It is by Fleetwood.  Its a 28 ft Prowler Regal series (m-28w?)
Propane furnace
They gutted the cook stove (propane)and there's no fridge. The fridge was propane and I believe electric?
I do have a full size electric fridge in there now.
I have small electric heaters
The water leaks and pours out when I try to hook it up. Although the water outside is currently froze up.
I cannot find an owner's manual anywhere online for that particular camper. Please help!
Heat and hot showers and to be able to do dishes without hauling in buckets of water and heating it with the coffeepot would be so lovely. 
Thanks in advance!

Owners manuals for old RVs are rarely online. Most owners manuals are fairly useless. You should contact Fleetwood directly for the best chance of finding anything.

Owner manuals will not have repair info. You won't find much info about wiring or plumbing either. You can ask specific questions here or search this forum to get answers.

Getting your furnace working might be your first priority if it is 7 degrees. You can get a electric hot plate for $10 at Walmart to cook and heat water for the time being.

To fix your water leaks you'll have to trace your water lines then see if you can repair them. It may require tearing out cabinets or worse. Then you'll need to wrap electric heat tape and insulation on your outside water lines to keep them from freezing.

Welcome to the Forum!  We are here to help!

Owners Manuals for RVs are nearly useless.  The one that came with my FW also came with every TT the manufacturer sold that year.  Imagine Chevy made one owners manual to cover all models from Sonic to Corvette and everything in between, and they were not interested in too much detail.

Manuals are available for specific components like the furnace or water heater.  One current trend is to replace the propane / electric fridge with residential models.  That is a good thing for you.

You may want to consider getting a 100 lb propane tank for the furnace.  It can be filled in place and will last much longer than the little 20 lb tanks.

As you are probably doing, gallon milk jugs filled with water are great for toilet flushing, hand washing, etc. in lieu of tap water.

As far as winterizing, no need since you are living there and keeping the inside heated.  Your water leaks are likely because the previous owner did not  winterize properly and you have burst water lines and fittings all over.  They may or may not be easy to locate and fix.  It may be one reason you were given the TT.  Regardless, it is still a dry place to call home!

Back
Top Bottom