Winnebago Sightseer tire size alternatives

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lifejester

Our new to us 2013 Winne Sightseer 35g (ford F 53 chassis) came with Michelin 235 x 80 x 22.5 XRP's mounted......the tire guy says hed recommend a Toyo 255 x 70 x 22.5

?..will larger sidewall tires affect speedometer readings, negatively impact handling or torque decrease or increase do to what I imagine to be a larger diameter????

the cost is like 1000 bucks less than the Michelins and we prolly wont average 7k (s)miles a year.....this was a large local commercial tire shop with excellent reputation providing me with this alternative.

The two sizes are very, very close in diameter & height, with the 255/70 being slightly smaller .  Compare them at this website https://www.tacomaworld.com/tirecalc?tires=235-80r22.5-255-70r22.5.  I did a similar change in my tires about 10 years ago,  & doubt you would even notice the difference.

Afchap?.thanks for the prompt, specific tech specs on the tire comparison....never knew such a calculator existed... you just took a lot of fretting off this ole man's to do list and saved us 1000 bucks on our next tire swap......u b da bomb !!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom