RV heater and winterization

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CJAG

I am getting ready for low 30s possibly hi 20s in the next few nights (Nashville area). I drained my lines and tanks , ran pump with all faucets open for 30 seconds like my manual says, drained water heater and turned the by pass on and added a little antifreeze to p traps and toilet and black tank. We are leaving in 2 weeks for a trip so I don't want to winterize with antifreeze.

Should I run a small heater in the RV on cold nights until we leave? Will that help? Also what kind of adapter to blow the air in the water lines?

If we were having a deep freeze I would be more concerned but low 30s for 2 nights then back in the 40s may not get cold enough to blow a line...or could it?.

Any advice?

This is the adapter I use
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002XL2IEA/ref=ox_sc_act_title_14?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

Barely hitting 30 a couple nights, I would think ok.  20 a couple nights, I would worry.  RV antifreeeze is cheap, fixes not so much.

Utclmjmpr said:
If a line has no water,,, no freezzee.>>>Dan

Agree but just running the pump with the faucets open will not drain the lines at all.  They need to blow them down to be sure.

A small heater would not hurt in case you missed something, like the water inside the toilet inlet valve (A common one for people to miss).  I know in the case of my coach, a small personal cube heater even on low will go a long ways towards keeping the interior warm even on sub freezing nights.  Sometimes those weather forecasts can be off a lot, I am returning home from a trip to AZ and NM which were just hit with an arctic blast, the place I was staying 4 or 5 nights ago had a forecast low of 28F, I woke up to 18F temperatures at sunrise.

Back
Top Bottom