Need HELP soon 2012 itasca impulse slide motor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Birdakl

We are out in a remote area of West Texas dry camping. We don?t have power to our slide to get it back in. We tried all of the tips in the manual short of disengaging the motors in order to manually push the slide in. Nothing has worked and we can?t find the motors!! We have limited cell service so searching the Internet is difficult. Can anyone help? We drive a 2012 Itasca Impulse 26QP. Thanks in advance.

Question .. Which slide system do you have I will describe 4 and info on 3

Power gear.. Power gear electrical usually has two long toothed rails.. THe motor is between them but forget disconnecting it as the transmission drag will kill you.. NOTE you will need your locking device once you get it in.

I pulled one of the hairpins (the outer one) on each end. Knock the gear shaft towards the center and pop out the plastic bushing. this releases the pinion gear from the rack.. Make sure you don't loose parts.  There are two pinion gears (one at each rack or Rail) now push in just an inch or two at a time at each end till you are at least half in they go for the glory.. once in position and tighten lock bar.

H&W systems are often hydraulic I can not tell you much save some of 'em have a manual pump. this uses a jack handle like on a hydraulic bottle jack.  same king of pump too.  The only one I've ever helptd with the owner pushed the IN button to get it to move while I pumped.

Accu-Slide... Cable cars  You wll see two cable on the Front and two more on the "Rear" of the slide out (FRont and rear are going down the road front and rear)  Motor is usually behing a panel atop the slide out (may be below)  and it has a 1/4" hex shaft. Your battery operated screwdrive is the tool of the day You need a flexible drive shaft (Actually that may be optional) and a #2 Square bit (Or phillips) to remove the screws holding the panel.

Swinteck (Spelling) has a pair of metal Tracks on the sides of the slide out with kind of a wavy line. and that's all I know about 'em

NOTE  These are the most popular versions of each company's product .. I know power gear has a few other models I have never seen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Krefvem
Back
Top Bottom