1st Maiden Voyage - Jellystone Park Canyon Lake, Texas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thatguytom83

We recently completed our first trip our in our well seasoned 1999 Winnebago Adventurer. We had an absolute blast! We love reading about the journeys others have taken, and though our trip was a small trip, it was still very rewarding in knowledge and invaluable family time. Our maiden voyage took us to Jellystone Park in Canyon Lake, Texas. We chose this location because our kids are still little and wanted them to have a wonderful experience with the annual fall festival the park puts on. It was an amazing time. So much that the kids were begging to stay, especially our oldest! I've posted a link to our blog below that captures some more info and some camping spot info on the location we stayed at. Below is a summary of the things we learned, motorhome report, and a few other goodies.

Blog link with pictures:
https://tmgarcia83.wixsite.com/garciafambam4/home/journey-to-jellystone-hill-country-texas

Trip Summary:
Spot: D134
Rating: Excellent
Hookups: 50/30/20 connections
Sewer: Clean / Easy to connect
Water: Clean, No Smell / Easy to connect
Cable: Available but did not work for us
Notes:
Spot D134 is awesome. You have your own little corner with a nice patch of land available for activities. Our 33 foot motor home and slide had no problem fitting in. Staff extremely friendly. Just amazing!

Motorhome Knowledge for First Timers:
  • Bring a push broom, we didn't have one and added to our list.
  • Bring a battery powered blower, would have been nice to blow the roof and awning off.
  • Bring a few treated wood blocks for the leveling feet. We didn't and wished we did. Gravel was hard but underlying soil was soft.
  • If you have littles like us, don't forget the plastic cups and plates, we did, lol!
  • Listen to your co-pilot. Sorry about the branches, lol!
  • If your dash AC stops working, check the vacuum ball and the hoses, lol. Oops, sorry honey!

Goodies:
  • ICEEs were delicious!
  • We had wonderful neighbors who were so kind!
  • Happiest Dad, could not have asked for a better time!

Congratulations on the 1st Maiden Voyage.  Though I expect it will be your last..."Maiden Voyage" that is.  ;D ;D  I see that we are practically neighbors.  I'm just down the road a bit in Roman Forest.  I've camped a few times at Canyon Lake, but never at Jellystone.  My kids are all too old, and we never really got a chance with the grandkids while we were in San Antonio.  But I've heard good things about most of the Jellystones.  Glad y'all had a good time.

As far as the items you forgot, the first thing I always tell people to bring on their first trip is a pencil and notepad (or the electronic equivalent of it nowadays).  Because you will find you forget things, or think of things you didn't know about.  Or find things you can do without.  The list is, in my mind, the most important thing to bring.

Anyway, sounds like you had fun.  Now get out and explore more of Texas!

Thanks for the report and glad you had a great 1st voyage. I'm sure you'll have many more fun times with your family in the RV.

edjunior said:
(...) I see that we are practically neighbors.  I'm just down the road a bit in Roman Forest.  I've camped a few times at Canyon Lake, but never at Jellystone.  My kids are all too old, and we never really got a chance with the grandkids while we were in San Antonio.  (...)

As far as the items you forgot, the first thing I always tell people to bring on their first trip is a pencil and notepad (or the electronic equivalent of it nowadays).  Because you will find you forget things, or think of things you didn't know about.  Or find things you can do without.  (...)

Hi neighbor! You are right down the road from us! We're down Ipes Road! Funny thing, I made a serious list for pre and post motorhome checklist items, lol! Doh, but forgot the essentials like normal stuff! Haha! We had a blast though and I'm sure I'll learn more as we go! The good thing, no mailboxes were harmed and the motorhome came back in one piece! Whew! Maybe we'll meet up sometime! Take care.
-Tom

IBTripping said:
Thanks for the report and glad you had a great 1st voyage. I'm sure you'll have many more fun times with your family in the RV.

Thanks for the kind words. We want to get out but our vacation and schedule is a bit busy the rest of the year. I really wanted to drive to lookout point park but we arrived too late and left too late, lol! Definitely next trip we will knock this out. Hopefully then we'll have a toad too! Happy travels!

thatguytom83 said:
Hi neighbor! You are right down the road from us! We're down Ipes Road! Funny thing, I made a serious list for pre and post motorhome checklist items, lol! Doh, but forgot the essentials like normal stuff! Haha! We had a blast though and I'm sure I'll learn more as we go! The good thing, no mailboxes were harmed and the motorhome came back in one piece! Whew! Maybe we'll meet up sometime! Take care.
-Tom

Boy...neighbors indeed.  Just down the road a fur piece!  Good thing on the mailboxes...they tend to take things personal you know!!  It sounds like a great learning experience all around.  Enjoy, and yep...hope to see you down the road!!

Great report!
Your kids will remember their maiden voyage as well as all your camping trips.

My kids now have their kids and grandkids who all love to camp.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom