Quartzite 2020 or Not?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry it took so long, time flies!

I have know created the 2020 QZ Rally pages.

Suz and I (Bruce) are tentative to go to Q this year.  Looking forward to it! Not sure of the dates yet, but we?re planning on going.

Well, carp! 
Left Bishop on Oct 31st, and we've spent the last month camped on the west side of the Sierra's without cell or net service.
Got to Quartzsite yesterday, but will only be staying a couple of weeks, instead of the 3 months I'd planned. 
Got an offer on the house and we have to go back to Arkansas to take care of it.  Going to cram a couple of desert trips into the next week, spend the week after that in Phoenix at a business meeting, and head for cold, snowy Arkansas after that.
Hope you guys have fun.

Old_Crow said:
head for cold, snowy Arkansas after that.

I'll grant you we are cold .........But We haven't seen any snow......Yet ;D

Gizmo100 said:
I'll grant you we are cold .........But We haven't seen any snow......Yet ;D

Point is, I didn't want to be there at all.  The last time I spent the winter in Arkansas, the temps dropped to 11*F one night, and all the plumbing in my RV froze due to an electric heater choosing that night to quit on me.  Costs the insurance company over $9k to re-plumb the whole coach.
Much nicer in Arizona.

Hey Crow,,Looks like we will just miss you,, be there on the 21st,,,I'm going to be plenty pissed if there is no biscuits and gravy left at Bad Boys!!..>>>Dan

Utclmjmpr said:
Hey Crow,,Looks like we will just miss you,, be there on the 21st,,,I'm going to be plenty pissed if there is no biscuits and gravy left at Bad Boys!!..>>>Dan

Well, we'll be gone a week by the time you get here.  Should be enough time for them to get re-stocked.

I had hoped to be there but... New floor new cooling unit (Fridge) New slide out motor (Kilobuck) new A/C (next year) 2 new stents (heart) new lens (eye)  Need new budget.

And due to the misplacement of my Antenna warning device. new Sensar IV head (on order due in monday)
new moto mount bolt (in stock but a temp in hole) new 3/4" bolt in steering stablizer.. It all adds up (On hand but installed perhaps tomorrow)  Tired human.. Well.. yes.

For anyone interested I did an aerial video of the Jan 2019 gathering at the usual spot and posted it on YouTube.  Here is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea_gpzSgkXw

Hope to see all of you there in January!

8Muddypaws said:
We?re going to be in Yuma and drive in for one day only.  It wasn?t my choice but I was outvoted.
Today was a great day to NOT be in Yuma!  cold, windy and rainy here. But tomorrow should be a lot better.
-Don-  Yuma, AZ

DonTom said:
Today was a great day to NOT be in Yuma!  cold, windy and rainy here. But tomorrow should be a lot better.
-Don-  Yuma, AZ

Sorta happy to hear you say that.  We were in Quartzsite, but had to come back to Arkansas to take care of some business(and, apparently perform $500 worth of repairs on our toad). 
I was worried about how the weather was going to be compared to Arizona.  Well, it's been in the high 60's-low 70's each day since we got back.

Great weather for putting new brake calipers on my Jeep.  ::)

The 26th was a "GREAT" day in Yuma,,momma and I celebrated our 57th anniversary that day.. ( Been together 58 and under contract for 57 )>>>Dan  ( See you in "Q" on the 5th.)

Utclmjmpr said:
The 26th was a "GREAT" day in Yuma,,momma and I celebrated our 57th anniversary that day.. ( Been together 58 and under contract for 57 )>>>Dan  ( See you in "Q" on the 5th.)
Congratulations! Interesting coincidence as that would be an anniversary date for me also (42 years together) , but I have been widowed now for more than 3 years.

Much better weather today here in Yuma.

-Don-  Yuma, AZ

Bill,

Yes, same here. A day or so later and we?d been on the left end as the drone was heading out of our area. You parked next to us when you arrived.

Back
Top Bottom