Replacing Carpet with wood flooring throughout

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

knucklebucket

anyone done this? level of difficulty. for me I'm a jack of all trades, been there done that. many times in homes just never an RV. only thing questionable is replacing the carpet on the slide out. is there any unforeseen problems?

Maybe this link to when I replaced mine will help.

Just skip the photobucket links as the pictures are posted later in the thread.

http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php/topic,69841.msg1083688.html#msg1083688

The only issue I see on the slide room is the transition.  How are you gping to cover it up?  Most slide rooms that have carpet the carpet extends over the lip about 6 inches to provide a smooth transition.  IMHO I would lay vinly plank on the main floors and still use carpet on the slide room portion.

donn said:
The only issue I see on the slide room is the transition.  How are you gping to cover it up?  Most slide rooms that have carpet the carpet extends over the lip about 6 inches to provide a smooth transition.  IMHO I would lay vinly plank on the main floors and still use carpet on the slide room portion.

Ernie Eckberg installs RV flooring and adds a sheet of plywood to the slide out that extends where the cart does and then covers the plywood with the flooring and uses whatever edging the flooring would use at the edge.  Check Yahoo  and facebook for Ernie's flooring.  I don't have the exact names so it will take a little searching.  Sorry,

I believe I invented the way to add wood to the slides.  It works well and have been doing this procedure for over a decade

Ernie Ekberg said:
I believe I invented the way to add wood to the slides.  It works well and have been doing this procedure for over a decade

Ernie, would you care to share? Please

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom