New to rving I need help on a Onan Marquis gold 5500 generator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I bought my motorhome in June 2019 of course I have a Onan Marquis gold 5500 generator that I have started successfully about two dozen times with no problem I ran it for about 6 hours 3 weeks ago now I'm having a problem

I decided to start the generator today from the remote start on the dashboard who discovered that wasn't working for some reason I then went out and decided to hit the actual start button on the generator itself and still nothing doesn't try to start at all it acts like I have no juice going to it whatsoever I pulled out all my owner manuals for my 2004 Fleetwood Southwind and try to troubleshoot it myself my batteries engine and house are at least 12.7 V I checked the house Breakers all the fuses in my bathroom where the fuse box is located and the breaker box is also and pop the hood and check under the hood and all fuses are okay my fuel is above a quarter tank and my oil is at appropriate levels I don't know what's wrong it was working just fine now nothing

I'm new to this and I'm not that mechanically inclined but can somebody please please please tell me what my next course of action is because at this point I've done everything I possibly can and am now Clueless and I can't really afford to take it to a shop for something that apparently seems to be minor or at least I think it is since it was just running perfectly a few weeks ago thank you for reading my post and I hope you can help me

Welcome to The RV Forum!

Does your generator control panel (where the Start/Stop switch is located on the generator) have a Fuse below the circuit breakers?  This is a 5 amp 12 volt fuse that sometimes blows for no apparent reason and disables the control voltages for the generator.

If it is blown, you should be able to get a replacement at an auto parts store.

I don't have a generator control panel what I do have is a switch on the dashboard to start the generator and a switch on the generator itself the control panel that I have just tells me the amps then I'm using as well as the black gray tank levels and the battery voltage readings under the hood there is a fuse that I believe was a 5 amp and it was good and it related to the generator
Lou Schneider said:
Welcome to The RV Forum!

Does your generator control panel (where the Start/Stop switch is located on the generator) have a Fuse below the circuit breakers?  This is a 5 amp 12 volt fuse that sometimes blows for no apparent reason and disables the control voltages for the generator.

I don't have a generator control panel what I have is a switch on the dashboard to start the generator and a switch on the generator itself in the motorhome engine compartment I did locate a 5 amp fuse that was Mark generator and it was good

Lou Schneider said:
Welcome to The RV Forum!

I'm sorry I misread your reply where the switch is located on the generator there are two Breakers immediately to the right and nothing underneath thank you for your help

I looked underneath the on off switch and even took that cover off to see if there are fuses behind that there is not and I can confirm that there is juice going to the generator as I did check for power going to the generator any other ideas anyone? Thank you in advance

Back
Top Bottom