Is California Highway 1 getting loved to death?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SLOweather

WE live in San Luis Obispo, CA, at the south end of the famed California 1. This article was in yesterday's local paper

Here is an interesting article in yesterday's local Tribune. We live in San Luis Obispo, at the southern end of that stretch of 1 up to Big Sur and Monterey.

Highway 1 traffic in Big Sur is a mess. Here?s how Caltrans is planning to fix it

Read more here: https://www.sanluisobispo.com/news/local/community/cambrian/article236942863.html?#storylink=cpy

"Providing additional restrooms along the route, and telling visitors where they are, to help prevent health hazard conditions that happen all too often now."

Is this seriously an issue?!

I have to laugh when I read Caltrans has plans. Trust me working with them as a private contractor and hearing about the internal chaos from my Daughter that works in the Engineering Dept. in Sacramento they will do something alright. They have done such a good job everywhere else in the State ;),,,gregg

RVMommaTo6 said:
"Providing additional restrooms along the route, and telling visitors where they are, to help prevent health hazard conditions that happen all too often now."

Is this seriously an issue?!
Apparently not in San Francisco.

Rest stops along a major freeway (or a minor one) shoudl be no more than 60 miles apart.. I don't care where you are.. And most drivers should stop at least every other.. Some every. rest stop.

John From Detroit said:
Rest stops along a major freeway (or a minor one) shoudl be no more than 60 miles apart.. I don't care where you are.. And most drivers should stop at least every other.. Some every. rest stop.

I agree. I just hope Ca 1 never become a "major freeway"
Though, I do think the magic has faded a bit. My last venture on 1, it reminded me of A1A in Daytona on Bike Week.

Back
Top Bottom