2020 RV Forum Quartzsite Rally - Reply Topic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ellie and I plan to arrive on Jan. 22 and leave on the 26th. This is subject to the approval of the motor home. Especially the check engine light!

We are tentatively, weather permitting, planning to depart home on the 17th. Hopefully that will put us in Q on the 20th. We'll probably stay 5-8 days, not yet fully determined. Tentative plans afterword are for Lake Havasu City or Yuma, but those do have other competition for our attention. Weather, of course, will play a part there, too.

Sure is windy here in the Denver area, again. We just had a 22.5 knot (not mph, that would be about 26) gust a minute ago.

Well the whole world is waiting on you Larry,,we have been here 7 days today and weather has been wonderful with 70 degree days ,,high 40s nights and very little wind.. My awnings have been out the whole time with little fear of damage..
  The down town traffic still is very light,, the tent is up but not "open" yet,, the vendor area is near full and busy..  All the signs of the coming event are apparent,, we are the only occupants of area 541 presently and will be here until March..>>>Dan

I'd be leaving sooner, Dan, if it weren't for doctor's appointments (both of us). Glad the weather has been so nice, and I hope it holds up. That "world" will have to wait just a little longer.  ::) ;D ;D

Lookin' forward to it...

You guys are pissing me off.  Sitting in Arkansas...it's cold, wet, and boring.
Closing on our house isn't until Feb 14th.  Plan on being westbound on the 15th.  Maybe I'll get a couple more weeks in Quartzsite before I have to leave for Calif.

Old_Crow said:
Plan on being westbound on the 15th.  Maybe I'll get a couple more weeks in Quartzsite before I have to leave for Calif.

Wally - Come to the KOFA unofficial rally with Kevin and Cyndi.  His posted dates that might meet your schedule are Feb 22 to 27.  It's free camping, lots of room, much like Quartzite without crowds and has more beautiful scenery.  It's 25 miles south straight down Hwy 95 from Quartzite.  We visit, take some walks, do campfires, and you can hit Yuma 50 miles south, or hop up to Quartzite for a meal if necessary.  Same wonderful forum folks.  Also, a chance to see desert bighorn sheep as KOFA is protected habitat for them.

See Kevin's post about KOFA if you're interested.

Linda

Dreamsend said:
Wally - Come to the KOFA unofficial rally with Kevin and Cyndi.  His posted dates that might meet your schedule are Feb 22 to 27.  It's free camping, lots of room, much like Quartzite without crowds and has more beautiful scenery.  It's 25 miles south straight down Hwy 95 from Quartzite.  We visit, take some walks, do campfires, and you can hit Yuma 50 miles south, or hop up to Quartzite for a meal if necessary.  Same wonderful forum folks.  Also, a chance to see desert bighorn sheep as KOFA is protected habitat for them.

See Kevin's post about KOFA if you're interested.

Linda

I've been thinking about that.  We obviously gave up the reservation we had in town when we left for Arkansas.  I've been telling the wife that we should just boondock if we're only going to be there a couple of weeks.  I'd rather do KOFA than the LTVAs.

Hi Jeff,
sorry for the late reply. had to wait for the DW to get the OK after having a minor op. All sorted and flights booked. So long as the good folks at CBP give us the thumbs up, we hope to see you at Q around Tuesday 21st for at least a week.
Enjoyed last year so much, would have been a shame to miss it!
Best regards
Tony & Anne

Jerry and Ardra have arrived at 541 and are parked in our usual location.  It was breezy today but calm and pleasant by the end of happy hour.

ArdraF

Quartzsite happenings :

Happy Hour every day at 4 pm at the fire ring.
Morning Walk 10 am daily. Easy 2-mile walk with a restroom along the route and a place to cut across shortening it to one mile. Shoot, if a blind lady can do it, so can you!
Saturday Potluck 3 pm
We have a garlic allergy and a wheat allergy so be sure to mark any food containing those.
If you enjoy having a campfire, bring firewood.
The wash going the back way to the tent is VERY loose sand and gravel.

Have Fun !!

Drone shot of the RV Forum group at LaPosa South shot by Russ of RverTV this morning at about 11:16 into the video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting the link. Brings back memories.

Hi All,
Here is the aerial video I did for our happy hour last night. Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Brewers expect to arrive  mid afternoon on Wednesday.  FYI Terry does not plan on leading any Jeep trail runs this  time.  We've just completed a week long Jeep Rally and need a rest!

Betty

Back
Top Bottom