2020 RV Forum Quartzsite Rally - Reply Topic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I see that, unlike many previous years, there's little posted here about this year's 'Q' get-together.

The Brewers did get here Wed, and Cousins, Lawrences, Fitzgeralds and many others are here, something over a dozen units. Mike L. has replaces his coach's batteries with the LiFePO4  (Lithium Iron Phosphate) type, the Fitzgeralds got some battery problems fixed, and yesterday Bill Nash led a short (3 hours) 4WD trip east from camp. Happy hours have had plenty of snacks and lots of good visiting.

Other than today being pot luck, not much else I can think of to report.

RV Forum potluck was held with some of the most glorious desert weather seen in these rallies. High of 71 light breeze, lovely wispy clouds and superb food selections. The count was 31 individuals. A perfect size group. No preferences were given to the potluck line to avoid past complaints of ? I did not get to go first?  There were no first time RVForum  attendees. We all knew each other so name tags were not as needed (well unless you can?t recall names)

There were no individual photos nor group photos. The memories made from this rally will have to stick in our heads.  I could share that Terry has a photo of the cactus behind our potluck spot from 1998 and those 22 years have taken a real toll on that cactus.  Maybe we don?t want to see what  22 years has done to our individual portraits.

The many people in his 2001 photo were among the first RV Forumites!  Some of whom have passed on , some of whom are still participating (Terry and Betty) and many faithful followers over subsequent years. 
Stay tuned to see how well I may be able to post photos from the past on my iPad. Or else wait until I get home with high speed internet and my laptop!

Six coaches departed this morning,,( Sunday's seem to do that to people)  It looks like someone poured most of the water from the bucket..>>>Dan

Greetings from Yuma! We headed down here after getting a complimentary pass for Fortuna Del Oro at the big tent. We had a great time and enjoyed seeing old acquaintances and meeting new ones!

Tonight is our last night here at the Rally site. I learned something new today.  This afternoon a volunteer with the LTVA stopped by to see if we had over stayed our time. Our registration sticker says 1-31.  My question to him was could we stay overnight on 1-31 and be good to go and dump and fill of 2-1 on our way out. His answer was "no" technically our time is up at midnight on 1-31, but they dont kick us out at midnight, but we cant dump and fill on 2-1.  I dont recall this issue coming up before, but I am glad I got it clarified before waiting in line and hour or so on 2-1 only to be told when I got to the head of the line I couldnt dump and fill without by another two week pass.

There are still three rigs here - Linda; Tony and Ann; and Kevin and me. Larry and Billie took off this morning, and Kevin and I will be leaving tomorrow. The RV Forum sign at the fire pit has been turned over, though Linda, Tony, and Ann will still have a good selection of firewood to burn over the couple of weeks they expect to stay. Until next year!

UTTransplant said:
There are still three rigs here - Linda; Tony and Ann; and Kevin and me. Larry and Billie took off this morning, and Kevin and I will be leaving tomorrow. The RV Forum sign at the fire pit has been turned over, though Linda, Tony, and Ann will still have a good selection of firewood to burn over the couple of weeks they expect to stay. Until next year!
Linda, Tony and Anne..... that sounds like trouble ??

Safe travels to your next destinations guys.

jackiemac said:
Linda, Tony and Anne..... that sounds like trouble ??

The last of the Forum 2020 Quartzite Rally folks have now departed "our" spot.  I left today to stay in town at Holiday Palms for a couple of days, then likely will head back to the Feb KOFA mini rally, IF Kevin and Cyndi will have me. I arrived at Q on Jan. 23 - so stayed just shy of 4 weeks.  Man, time flies. 

Hey Jackie, unfortunately me, Tony and Anne managed to stay out of trouble for the last 10 days or so we were the only ones still here.  They left yesterday. Tony tended some pretty nice campfires and the sunsets were spectacular 'bout every nite. We met a new full timer who camped close to us and joined us for campfires and conversations.  Things never got real crowded.  My birdfeeder set-up finally drew a gaggle of House Finches and Mourning Doves, so kitty was quite happy to pretend she was stalking.

Very much looking forward to next year.  Thanks to all the organizers and movers and shakers of the Q Rally.  It is a blast to meet-up with Forum folks.

Regards
Linda

I know it's been a while since the Qz rally, but here is a 14:38 video I've put together of stuff taken at the rally:

I don't normally post anything on YouTube, but finally decided to put this one up for whoever wants to see it. Do note that it's not currently openly available to the public, but is in "unpublished" mode, which means you need the link itself to find it.

Hope you like it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting that video Larry. Good to see everyone and brought back memories of prior QZ rallies we attended.

Wow Larry,

You really captured the essence of a Quartzsite Gathering.  I enjoyed the music and  unedited spontaneous background conversations.  Glad I  got he see the Jeep ride because we missed it in 2020.  Well done!  Makes me anxious for next year  but I can guess the potluck will be out.  The times they are a changin!

We have gotten out so rarely since March that I am in travel withdrawal. It was a great video Larry. I know we will be at the site in January next year, but I bet the chairs will be in a bigger circle. I also agree with Betty the pot luck will have to wait a year. And horrors! We may have to bring all our own liquor instead of sharing!

This was wonderful to see while sitting here wishing my wheels were rolling and missing friends and hugs. Thanks for posting, Larry.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom