Name for this Shower Bathtub Combo?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NMLiving

Hello,
Bought a '98 Rv. Just came across a leak in the bathtub(original) from a bunch of spiderweb looking cracks.
Looking to replace the bathtub with a combo one but I don't know if they make such a thing for Rvs. I worked at a nursing home and they have tubs where you could sit in half of it and let your legs hang in the other half. So it really wouldn't consume as much water. And still would be usable as a shower.
Anyone know what I'm talking about? The ones at work were a whirlpool I think.
Also what is the best material to have an rv tub made out of?

Thanks for everything

I believe you're describing a "walk-in" tub that has a door on the side for easy entry and a built-in seat. They're usually made of fiberglass or acrylic and can be quite heavy. I think the smallest I've seen is 53" x 30". Lowes, Home Depot, etc., have a wide selection of them.

There are numerous tub & shower configurations available for RVs, tailored to the dimensions and floor depth commonly found in RVs. The ones designed for commercial or residential use are typically larger and the drain/P-Trap is often deeper, so may not fit easily. Or at all.  Are you specifically looking for the "walk-in" type with the door, or just a tub that fits in your rig? The walk-ins are usually fairly tall - see this example:

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Safety-Tubs-28-in-W-x-48-in-L-White-Gelcoat-Fiberglass-Rectangular-Right-Hand-Drain-and-Faucet-Included/50386542

You can find many many RV-sized tub/showers simply by Googling 'rv tub shower'.  They don't have side doors, but often include a seat.  Here are a few examples:
https://www.campingworld.com/sit-in-step-tub-right-hand-drain-tu500rh---colonial-white-68806.htmlhttps://www.camperpartsworld.com/RVBATHTUBWSEAT-40X24-RIGHTHANDDRAIN-WHITE

Tubs are not popular among RV users or builders...Use a tub much in an RV and you would be emptying the holding tank too often to be practical..>>>Dan

Our coach has a so called "garden tub" that's about 42" long and 15" deep. The only times it's actually been used as a tub was when our then disabled teen aged granddaughter traveled with us and it was less stressful to lift her into the tub for bathing than trying to support her for a shower. I eventually found a shower seat I could modify to fit in the tub. We do like having the longer shower space though.

All of your replies and links have been helpful. The one at Lowes is what I was talking about. Our Rv will be sitting on land for awhile and always tied into the septic, therefore it isn't super impractical for us. Thanks to everyone who responded. Today I'm starting to remove my fixtures and every thing so I can take down my wall and pull the tub out!
Wish me luck!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom