Texas Hill Country-Water Views

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
X

X-Roughneck

Hello Board.  Happy Holidays.  We are wanting to take a quick trip in the near future.  Our destination will be the Texas hill Country somewhere Kerrville TX-ish, give or take a 100 miles or so.  We are pretty new to RVing, so asking the board members to draw on their past experiences and help us out.  We are looking for a great RV park, in the Kerrville TX area, with full hook Ups with water views (or spectacular views) from the RV park location that board members would recommend?  We are not interested in boon-docking this trip and want a park with nice comfortable surroundings, good facilities and just nice with trees. 

Happy Thanksgiving.

A few years ago the forum had a Hill Country rally. Sunset Falls RV Park near Marble Falls, TX is right on Lake LBJ, and is very nice. Nearer Kerrville the Buckhorn Lake RV Park is another very nice one.

Visiting Fredericksburg is an absolute must,,,it and the surrounding area IS the hill country..
  The Admiral Nimitz museum will take a full day..>>>Dan

The Thousand Trails campground at Medina Lake is awesome...or at least was last time we were there.  It has been a few years though.  It does still look very nice now that the lake is back up.  There is some open camping there (do not have to be a TT member), so it might be worth checking out. 

If you can get to military campgrounds, there is Joint Base San Antonio (Randolph AFB/Ft. Sam) recreation area on Canyon Lake. 

Those are two we can recommend from past experience.

If being on the water is important, consider Riverview RV park in Llano, TX.  it is a nice enough basic relatively new RV park, gravel pull through sites with fairly good spacing, nice big clubhouse with laundry, and showers.  I am not sure if the river is visible from the RV sites, as the river is at the bottom of the hill a couple of hundred feet away.  I spent a night at this park last month and was very impressed with it as a relatively no frills RV park, nice sites, grass by each site with sprinklers, ...  If I were to say any one negative is that there seem to be a number of long term residents here, that get up early and drive out in their diesel pickup trucks, of course the site I had was by the exit road, so they all drove right by my coach.

You might also consider Ladybird Johnson park in Fredericksburg, it is a public park with full hookup RV park, the views from the rv park itself are not that great as it adjoins the local airport (small airport, few if any flights at night), but the rest of the park is nice, there is a hiking trail, etc.

As mentioned Fredericksburg is a must do if in the hill country, the National War the Pacific Museum is good for at least one full day if you have any interest in such things.  Downtown is full of all sorts of shops, and dining options, nearby is LBJ national historic park,  Luckenback, ...

I would second Buckhorn Lake. Excellent park in Kerrville. https://www.buckhornlake.com/
If it's a consideration, the park is divided and has a totally separate adult section with it own pool and other amenities.

hleap said:
I would second Buckhorn Lake. Excellent park in Kerrville. https://www.buckhornlake.com/
If it's a consideration, the park is divided and has a totally separate adult section with it own pool and other amenities.
  We spent the month of October at Buckhorn Lake.  Wonderful rv park, I couldn't recommend it enough!

Appreciate the feedback and will explore the possibilities.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom