Happy Thanksgiving

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
Chris and I have much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. We landed at SFO 39 years ago with just the clothes on our backs, worked our butts off to make a new life, and continually enhanced our education and skills.

We've gained a number of good long-time friends over the years, including forum members, many of whom are still close, even if living afar.

We enjoy reasonably good health, thanks to good medical professionals and facilities in the greater Bay area. This has allowed us to do many things we didn't dream we'd be doing at this time. We're also able to travel and see family and friends in distant places, although not as far or as frequently as we'd like.

Happy Thanksgiving to our extended family, framily and friends, both near and far.

An unsolicited comment from hospital OR prep staff today:

"you're obviously a very happily married couple". We smiled and wanted to say "we know".

Cyndi and I hope you have a great Thanksgiving too Tom - as well as everyone else. We are so blessed. Here?s our youngest granddaughter passing along her Thanksgiving wishes too. She said she wanted to put her makeup on before I took the picture.

Kev

Attachments

• 2B2F7D1F-24CD-4166-A0EC-A3C6685651F0.jpeg
    2B2F7D1F-24CD-4166-A0EC-A3C6685651F0.jpeg
    109.6 KB · Views: 35
Happy Thanksgiving.

If you are fulltiming it or snowbirding it, where are you celebrating?  Are you cooking in the Motorhome?

We've celebrated Thanksgiving in numerous places over the years, including Maui, the UK, Hong Kong, several friends' homes, our homes in CA and OH, and several years afloat. One year, we bought a rotisserie and Chris roasted a turkey for friends in the cockpit of the boat while berthed at a Delta marina. Another year we were berthed at South Beach Harbor (by the Bay Bridge), and the smell of a roasting turkey brought lots of folks off their boats to investigate.

If we were in the coach this Thanksgiving, I have no doubt the rotiessrie would be put to use so we could share turkey with other campers.

Happy Thanksgiving all!

Made cranberry sauce and stuffing for a potluck on Tuesday. Sauce was easy but making a large batch of stuffing used the whole kitchen! Good news: everyone must have liked my stuffing and sauce, as there wasn't a scrap left. Bad news: no leftovers  :-\ Turkey with friends tomorrow as their family not arriving until late today.

Attachments

• E67AA798-D602-4171-97B7-FC605361EE41.jpeg
    E67AA798-D602-4171-97B7-FC605361EE41.jpeg
    258.2 KB · Views: 7
We have so much to be thankful this year....

Among the many things is to be settled in our new home.

Wishing all of you a very Happy Thanksgiving.

We also have so many things for which we are grateful - not the least of which are the wonderful people we've met here on the RV Forum.  It's been quite a trip and we look forward to seeing many of you down the road.  And I echo Jeff's comment.  God Bless America and our northern neighbor Canada!

ArdraF

Happy Thanksgiving to all. We are having our celebratory dinner tomorrow since my daughter (a labor and delivery nurse) is working today. Actually it is quite nice because I fundamentally have an entire extra day to prepare and cook! Dressing is done, one turkey is on the smoker, the second turkey is almost ready to go into the brine prior to roasting tomorrow, and the pie crusts are half made. Got to finish the pie crusts and pies then make the cranberry sauce. Everything else will wait until tomorrow.

I hope everyone enjoys their day.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone from Scotland.

We feel very honoured to be able to spend so much time in your beautiful country meeting so many wonderful people.

So thank you!

jackiemac said:
Happy Thanksgiving everyone from Scotland.

We feel very honoured to be able to spend so much time in your beautiful country meeting so many wonderful people.

So thank you!

What a nice message, thank you Jackie  :)

I'm thankful to call you a friend (but we need more visits to cement the relationship  ;) )

Back
Top Bottom