how to reset netgear router password

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chrishkyle7

I have been using NetGear router for a long time and I never faced any issue but recently I update my router firmware and after that, I detached some malware which affect my router and it removed my router password and IP config. every time I want to login it shows me to rest the password, but I don't know how to reset netgear router password. So I need to reset it but I forgot how NetGear router recovery. If anyone has any idea about that problem then suggest to me about that router problem.

(Mod edit: removed link)

Look closely at your router, is there a small opening about the size of the tip of a ink pen anywhere on it. If so that is the reset button, some routers you have to hold the button for 15sec before it will reset.  You didnt say what model you had.  If you are able to reset it then the default login info is usually on the back of the router (look on the label). If not then try admin and admin 

If that doesn?t work, Google the model number. The reset procedures are all posted online.

To reset find the small hole that has a label "reset" or "Restore Factory Settings" or some such. Insert the end of a paper clip in the hole and hold for 15-20 seconds. 
On many, you can pull the power, THEN hold the reset button for 20-30 seconds, and then restore power.
If that does not work, hold the reset button while it is powered up, then release and remove power.
Restore power and try logging.

chrishkyle7 said:
I have been using NetGear router for a long time and I never faced any issue but recently I update my router firmware and after that, I detached some malware which affect my router and it removed my router password and IP config. every time I want to login it shows me to rest the password, but I don't know how to reset netgear router password. So I need to reset it but I forgot how NetGear router recovery. If anyone has any idea about that problem then suggest to me about that router problem.
(Mod edit: removed link)

chrishkyle7
To reset your Netgear router password:
1.  In the address field of your browser type, www.routerlogin.net. ...
2.  Click Cancel . ...
3.  Enter the serial number of the router.
4.  Click Continue . ...
5.  Enter the saved answers to your security questions.
6. Click Continue . ...
7. Enter the new password and confirm.
See: https://kb.netgear.com/000059608/How-do-I-reset-the-admin-password-on-my-NETGEAR-router

Back
Top Bottom