Cruise control

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rudymrnd

Hello trying to help out my  brother so thanks in advanced . He has a 1997 winnabago minnie . Its on a 1997 ford e350 chassis .his cruise control stopped working and was wondering if someone has gone through this and has some tips on where to start checking for the problem .

Welcome to the RV Forum Rudymrnd

You may also want to check vacuum hoses for crack/leaks

No vacuum hoses, the cruise control is all electric. Make sure the stop lights are not stuck on. Led tail light bulbs can stop the cruise from working in some cases. The buttons on the steering wheel are old enough to fail.

Richard

If electric, I assume there is a cruise control module under the hood somewhere. You/he will need a Ford E350 engine diagram or repair manual... might want to also check with some Ford truck forums, as the setup is probably shared with some of the trucks/vans of that era.

I know this thread is a few weeks old, wonder if it's fixed yet?
My wife's Sport Trac the pressure switch/sensor on the master cylinder goes bad every few years.
The switch/sensor isn't expensive and is very easy to change.

The cruise control kick off switch on the master cylinder was a recall item several years ago due to a seal failure that could cause a short and potentially a fire. As said, it's a low cost part and and easy swap.

Part of the recall included adding a fuse in line with that switch.  On my 1999 F350 diesel pickup it was in the wire harness on the top left side of the engine.  The fuse was blown when I got the truck rendering the cruise control inoperative.  After replacing the fuse the cruise control works fine.

Back
Top Bottom