Help Removing/Bypassing Rear Coolant Lines

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wildandfree6

Hello, I have a 1994 Winnebago Brave 29ft - I am looking for help bypassing/removing coolant lines that are running to the water heater and rear heater under the bed. I have had problems leaking around the metal lines under the chassis and recently one broke. Anyways I have provided a picture for anyone that does not what this looks like. It seems like it's a big loop and I think I could just loop them together, but I want to do it the proper way and want to know if I have to look out for anything? Does anyone have any advice, tips, and/or steps I should follow?
Thank you in advance

Attachments

• IMG_3736.jpg
    IMG_3736.jpg
    334.5 KB · Views: 52
Sorry for the large photo - here is a smaller one

Attachments

• IMG_3736222.jpg
    IMG_3736222.jpg
    301.9 KB · Views: 37
I have the same set up in my 2001 Brave. I periodically check those lines for any signs of failure. Any leaks would lead to a loss of coolant.

I am fairly certain that the two additional circulation loops of coolant is coming from the stock water pump with no upgrades to accommodate the stock system which would be a pump, radiator and a front heater core. My feeling is that it would be safe to plug the lines off at the pump thus putting more flow to the radiator and front heater core.

If I was worried about doing that and could not find a reliable answer, I would create a loop up near the engine that would basically offer the same balance of flow there now.

This is identical in principle to most automobile heaters. Many of those come (or used to) with a shutoff valve that could be used in the summer to avoid heating the cabin. There is no problem with just putting in a short loop to bypass the heater.

Ernie

wildandfree6 said:
Hello, I have a 1994 Winnebago Brave 29ft - I am looking for help bypassing/removing coolant lines that are running to the water heater and rear heater under the bed. I have had problems leaking around the metal lines under the chassis and recently one broke. Anyways I have provided a picture for anyone that does not what this looks like. It seems like it's a big loop and I think I could just loop them together, but I want to do it the proper way and want to know if I have to look out for anything? Does anyone have any advice, tips, and/or steps I should follow?
Thank you in advance
I just did this to my 2004 Itasca with the Workhorse engine.  The hoses on mine run to the top of the engine on the right front side and tie into the engine heater hoses using a "T".  I went down to the parts store and bought 2 "L" fittings the same size as the "T"s and replaced the "T"s with them, eliminating the hose connections going back to the rear of the coach.  I went ahead and removed as much of the now unused hose that was left over but left the metal lines in place due to the effort it would take to remove them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom