rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: Holiday music  (Read 547 times)

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
  • Celebrating 25 years of The RV Forum online.
    • RV Forum web site
Holiday music
« on: December 08, 2019, 02:37:31 AM »
I'm told there's an expectation of some holiday group singing/entertainment at our townhome here in OH, so I dug out the stable of stringed instruments.

L-R: baritone ukulele, Kala 8-string concert ukulele, Taylor GS-mini acoustic guitar, Yamaha acoustic guitar, Fluke tenor ukulele. Somewhere around here are a couple of soprano ukuleles, a mandolin and a Yamaha keyboard. All I need are a few more hands.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 02:43:55 AM by Tom »
Tom.  Need help? Click the Help button in the toolbar above.

Ladonnara

Re: Holiday music
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2020, 03:05:56 AM »
A great musical instrument set, I am a traditional musical instrument player.

SeilerBird

• ---
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2020, 03:39:12 AM »
Wow, what a beautiful collect. It is nice to see you keep them in such good shape. :))

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
  • Celebrating 25 years of The RV Forum online.
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2020, 08:46:26 AM »
Thanks. That was a subset of instruments at our part-time Ohio townhome; Not a lot of space in the family room there, but out of the pic is a Yamaha keyboard which I don't get to play very often. We have a huge basement (with heat/air) at that house which would make a great music room. But Chris has it all tricked out as a game room for grandkids, so I use what space is available (Chris is very understanding).

After that pic was taken, I bought an Irish bouzouki at GC in Columbus and signed up for lessons with the Online Institute of Irish Music; I describe the bouzouki as having the body of a mandolin with the neck of a plectrum banjo.
Tom.  Need help? Click the Help button in the toolbar above.

SeilerBird

• ---
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2020, 08:55:10 AM »
That looks like a cool addition. I have heard of a bouzouki but never seen one. I looked it up online, looks like a challenge. I have a big problem with my music room, it is way too small. The only thing I can do is buy a bigger RV. :P