MAIDEN VOYAGE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bamboo

We're going to get to use our MH this week end, not going far just a trip to
ft Myers 350mi, are you required to stop at weigh station or agriculture inspection station in a MH?

Weigh stations, no.  Ag inspections, yes, if it's for all vehicles.  If it says commercial only, then no.  Ag inspections are usually pretty obvious, they channel all traffic to the inspectors.

Thanks, brother and sister-in-law said they took all there avocados from AZ when they entered CA, she was upset lol.

I can sort-a-kind-a understand some things, but fruit? Do the ag inspectors honestly think a fruit flies don't fly and state boarders are a place were stupid people do stupid things cause the think fruit flies can't fly? Heck, the avacados were probably grown in CA and shipped out of state.

Larry

Not really a lot different from the eggs, dairy products and beef confiscated when we entered Maine from Canada. Chris suggested the officer take them home for his family, but he said he wasn't allowed to do that.

When we crossed back in the the US in WA last fall, they took our beef pot pies that were precooked, left the chicken pot pies, and completely ignored 2 uncooked steaks in an unmarked ziploc bag.  They would have taken the dog food too, but we were able to produce the Iams original packaging.  I fail to see the logic in all this including the vagaries of the ag inspectors at the CA border.

Ned said:
I fail to see the logic in all this including the vagaries of the ag inspectors at the CA border.

Me too, especially when the rules change if we tell the CA Ag inspector that we just came from Reno, NV. That sometimes gives us a pass, even though we declare all foodstuffs and some are on the no-go list. But I don't see it limited to CA; Federal inspections/enforcement are often just as vague.

It was US Customs that took the pot pies.  We suspect they wanted something different for lunch that day.

When we get visitors from Wales we have them bring supply of laverbread, one of my favorite foods. When they're asked by U.S. Customs what it is and they explain that it's seaweed, they get a shrug of the shoulders and are waved through.

OTOH I've seen numerous folks having a tough time with some foods they're bringing into the country.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom