Odd names

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rene T

Site Team
Just curious as to some of the odd names you've heard over your lifetime.

I knew a guy named Rene (rainy) Day
Another one I knew was Victor Victor

We have lots of them around my neck of the woods. I know an Earl Earl. A man so nice they named him twice. True story. There is a family named Flood,  who has a daughter Spring, and a son named Flash. True story. I guess some people have a sense of humour. Talk about a boy named Sue.

Years ago I knew a man named Harold Harolds. I look at some of the names on sports jerseys and think grandmas boy, I don't know if parents think they are being cute or are just lazy.

The problem with this post is I can't ever remember anyone's name....

Bud Weiser, and James Kirk, both were airline captains. No one ever believed them when they introduced themselves on the PA

Royal Cain and his daughter Candy  -  actual real names of people I knew.

In high school a girls name:
Ella Phant

A boys name:
Harry Pickles

One of my teachers name:
Bill Bottom
His brothers name was Harry.

Doctors in Daytona Beach:
Last name Seltzer. First names Bromo and Alka.

Baby?s names when I worked in the hospital:
Dark Dreary Lane
Pink Floyd

My father had a cousin whose first name was Annis. She married a man whose last name was Annis. Her married name became Annis Annis.

The most famous one I can think of is the father who named his daughter Ima.  That was mister Pig, so his daughters name was Ima Pig. Sweet guy. ;D
Bill

Donald P. Dick Air Conditioning in Fresno.

Their trucks are all over town with the name Donald P. Dick in giant letters.

https://www.mrcool4ac.com/ 

There is a town south of us called Coldwater Ontario. Richard Shrivels lives there. Everyone knows Dick Shrivels from Coldwater. Its a local joke around here.

Back in the early 60s Mad magazine had a feature known as liner humor. In the white space lining each page they would put in a one liner joke. One issue featured theoretical names like what would you get if Clara Barton married Yogi Berra? Clara Berra. At the local Publix there is a checker named Abby. I asked her if she was going to marry Randy Rhoads. She said no and I told her she should then she would be Abby Rhoads.

As kids we always got a big laugh in Texas history class because the 20th Governor of Texas, James Stephen "Jim" Hogg (1851?1906) named his daughters Ima Hogg and Ura Hogg. Ima Hogg (July 10, 1882 ? August 19, 1975) went on to become known as "The First Lady of Texas", she was an American society leader, philanthropist, patron and collector of the arts, and one of the most respected women in Texas during the 20th century.

Where I used to teach there were four brothers who lived right across the street and attended, a few years apart.

Their last name was Rhodes.

Their first names were Stoney, Rocky, Sandy, and Dusty.

Back
Top Bottom