Odd names

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jim18655 said:
Armand Hammer with Occidental Petroleum.

He was asked so often if he was related to Arm and Hammer Baking Soda he attempted to buy the company and by 1986 he held enough stock in Church & Dwight (the company's owner) to get a seat on their Board of Directors.

Back in the 60s my mom  bought a basset hound. Great dog except it smelled bad. Vet said they all do. So my mom called the dog Maggie. My brother and I called the dog George. One morning I was laying in bed and I called out to George and my mother yells out "Damn it Tom, call her right". So from that day on the dogs name was Right.

This name story is a little long, but it is pretty funny.  Stick with it if you can.

So, the name.

Arnaude Mpeck Lewathsadjoepse

And here's the rest of the story. This nice lady called me to get some assistance with our training (IT Security Awareness training I am the point man for). One of the modules is quite troublesome. So after she said her name, I asked for it again, as I didn't hear it clearly. So she spelled it out for me. And she apparently has to do this quite often, as she used phonetics also. "M, as in Mike; P as in Paul; E as in uh...Edward (a little snicker here from her...my name is Edward); C as in Cat; K as in Kitten (another little snicker)". I said "wow", thank you for that.

I told her that I would send her an e-mail with some tips to complete the module. I said "so your e-mail address is mpeck...what @xxxx.edu?" She said oh, no. My e-mail is "A as in Apple; dot (a period); L as in Little; E as in Edward (the little snicker again); W as in Water; and well, you can see where this is going. She kept going, and that name kept going. Thank God for autocomplete! I typed in a.lewat, then hit the "check name" button in Outlook, and yes...it filled in the rest; [email protected]

Oh, did I mention that she went my Mpeck? With the M and P kind of "blended", or run together. I never even heard, nor did I ask her to say her last name. It wouldn't have done any good anyway.

catblaster said:
  Does anyone remember the NASCAR driver named Dick Trickle?? we had a veterinarian anded Barker.
My #2 son used to call Bob Barker (of The Price Is Right fame) Dog Barker.

In high school, one of the kids was names Russell Wurst.  I believe the German translation is Red headed weiner.  Not positive but seem to remember he had red hair. 

Well here's my contribution for the day. 

Growcock

Can you imagine the torture this poor girl went through in school??  It is attached to a girl's first name. 

I worked with a guy once and his nickname was flywheel. I asked him why his nickname was flywheel and he said he had no idea. People have been calling him that for as long as he could remember.

When I was younger, close friends of our family had the last name of Mintz. Their two daughters were Patty and Pepper.

muskoka guy said:
This could be pure fiction, but  this team wrote the book, "Race to the outhouse", by Willy Makeit, and Betty Don't.
That sounds like something off of the Boy's Life joke page, a "Tom Swifty."

Pahrump has "W.T.F. Sand and Gravel".  Their slogan is "Let us dump a load in your driveway."

I just recently found out W.T.F. didn't mean what I thought at first blush, it stands for White Truck Freight.

What's even funnier is the Forum software auto corrects W.T.F. without the periods (which is how it's presented on the company's signs) into "(what the heck)".

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom