I guess we can only agree with other posters now

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UTTransplant

One thread with lots of posts just got cut to 5 or 6 responses. I am thinking it is because the OP got his feelings hurt when people didn?t agree with him. If not, someone needs to say why. Guess I will be extra careful to not disagree with anyone here in the future.

I think the moderators do a great job here. On the rare occasion something does get deleted, I?m sure there?s a good reason.

HappyWanderer said:
I think the moderators do a great job here. On the rare occasion something does get deleted, I?m sure there?s a good reason.
Then the moderators should tell us why. There were 30-40 comments that summarily got deleted without any comment about why. Did the 30-40 posters all do something wrong? What?

Could someone please explain to me what you're talking about.

FWIW standard practice is not to "delete" messages; We have a private (non-public) message board where we move stuff deemed inappropriate, allowing all forum staff to see what was done; It also allows staffers to discuss actions that were taken. OTOH occasionally, for one reason or another, a staffer will delete one or more messages; Such messages are gone for good, and can't be reviewed/discussed. 

I just looked at the forum moderation log that records all moderator actions, and also looked at the private message board where we move stuff that's deemed to be inappropriate, and I'm not seeing "30-40 comments that summarily got deleted". I do see one or more deletions from the 7 day winter road trip topic, but have no information on that action.

I think it is healthy to have different opinions voiced respectfully. That's how I learn stuff.

Tom, can the original poster delete their own posts? Could be that..

jackiemac said:
I think it is healthy to have different opinions voiced respectfully. That's how I learn stuff.

Tom, can the original poster delete their own posts? Could be that..
It is healthy to have meaningful discussions of subjects. What is not healthy is the clowns who say their opinion is correct and my opinion is wrong. Do these people actually understand what an opinion is?

[quote author=jackiemac]... can the original poster delete their own posts?[/quote]
No they can't Jackie. We'd have a really disjointed forum if they did.

Tom said:
No they can't Jackie. We'd have a really disjointed forum if they did.
Thanks Tom. Wasn't sure as someone said they had deleted a post but guess they modified it with those words. I didn't think it was possible.

Recently I had a answer to a post (about the red neck music) removed overnight.
I guess the song title I posted offended someone, but no one ever told me why it was removed.

Jack L

[quote author=JackL]Recently I had a answer to a post (about the red neck music) removed overnight... no one ever told me why it was removed.[/quote]
If you're talking about this one, it wasn't removed and is still where you posted it  ;)

SeilerBird said:
It is healthy to have meaningful discussions of subjects. What is not healthy is the clowns who say their opinion is correct and my opinion is wrong. Do these people actually understand what an opinion is?

And you do?

Another thing that can happen. I've done it when I was a moderator (Elsewhere) and I've seen it (though not often here i see it all the time elsewhere) is a thread split.

A discussion goes sideways  that is way off topic. and a moderator will slice out the off topic part of the thread to a thread of it's own.  The messages are not deleted. they are "Moved" as it were. you just need to read the new split to find them.

Like I said I do not see that often here. in fact I do not often see obvious signs of moderator actions here (Which by the way is a complement both to the moderators and to the members) but in other places it's very obvious.

Back
Top Bottom