A snowy day project

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
Begun as a way to pass a snowy day in Ohio, a compilation of lead sheets (chords and lyrics) from a number of sources: Tom's Music

Includes rearrangements and key changes, playable on ukulele and guitar by relative beginners. Adding Celtic/Welsh/Irish songs enhanced the enjoyment of the project.

Linked in the menu are various 3rd party resources, including lead sheets for many thousands of songs, chord charts for several instruments, and a link to a list of songs on the site.

Further work/enhancements during coming snowy Ohio days, including 'newer' songs, redneck songs, and songs for banjo, mandolin and a few more instruments.

The site was recently migrated to its own domain on a new server, and I'm still updating a number of the links.

We had a snowy day about 4 or 5 years ago here, in fact we had two of them in the same year only about a week apart.

:) It snowed exactly once (flurries) at our S&B home in CA in the last 20 years. We'll be home in a few weeks, and I'll be able to go fishing. Even doggies can't wait.

Attachments

• Beaver-exit2.jpg
    Beaver-exit2.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 14
  • Looking-for-fish.jpg
    Looking-for-fish.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 14
Larry N. said:
That's a nice site, Tom -- thanks for sharing it. And thanks for the links, too. I've bookmarked that site.

X's 2

Looking forward to testing it out later today.

Thanks folks. Let me know if you find any broken links.

I don't know if it's broken links or just not yet implemented, but the following get a 404 error for me:

* Song List
* I-V-VI-IV Song List
* I-VI-IV-V7 Medley

Larry

Oops, thanks Larry. I failed to update some links before shutting down the old site. They should work now.

Isaac-1 said:
We had a snowy day about 4 or 5 years ago here, in fact we had two of them in the same year only about a week apart.

https://media.spokesman.com/photos/2019/01/28/Winter_Storm_Wisconsin.JPG_VTJG15m.jpg

Odd, now the rest are broken:

* Lead sheets
* Online Music & Lyrics
* Chord Charts
* Guitar Capo Charts

while:

* Song List
* I-V-VI-IV Song List
* I-VI-IV-V7 Medley

work fine.

Larry

Sorry, I was playing around with the redirect which, on the new server, is not intuitive. Gave up for the evening and will sleep on it.

I gave up trying to figure out the redirect, and turned it over to the server techs. I don't recall having any such issues in all the years I used cPanel-managed servers. This Interworx-managed server isn't intuitive (to me). But cPanel changed their pricing structure, which has affected all their customers and customers-of-customers. Thus the switch.

It's a shame that things change so much, and/or use such strange, incompatible protocols, but that seems to be the way of the world, and it seems to get worse faster and faster. Thankfully wall plugs are standardized.

[quote author=Larry N]Thankfully wall plugs are standardized.[/quote]

But a "standard" wall plug is different in different countries  :)  UK 13A plug and socket (receptacle).

Attachments

• UK-plug.jpg
    UK-plug.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 2
  • UK-socket.jpg
    UK-socket.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 2
True, Tom, though so far as I know they are standard within each country. But the interfaces/protocols aren't even that- nothing is standardized. Anyway, good luck.

For anyone who previously bookmarked the music site or any of its pages, I recently moved it to another server, and concurrently learned the solution to the redirect issue. All links now work. I intended to add a lot more stuff to the site during our recent stay in the MidWest, but we had only a couple of snowy days.

I have quite a few songs (mainly different genres) to add, so I'll start chipping away at them when my cataract surgeries have settled down and I get my new glasses.

Back
Top Bottom