Battery Power Flashes On/Off

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MikeNNRV

I wasn't getting any power to my lights when unplugged from shore power.  I checked the power center and all seemed ok; same with the battery at 12.45vdc.  Slides and tongue jack worked fine.  Led me to check the battery disconnect switch which looked like it was On.  But I cycled it anyway and the lights lit, then started flashing.  Disconnect is in front storage compartment and there is a light next to it.  I went inside and all DC power was connecting/disconnecting at random intervals; about 1-3 seconds apart.  Not only were the lights flashing but I could see the On light for the fridge flashing too.  Went back to the battery and voltage was not dropping or spiking.

We are leaving for Florida soon but unless someone tells me otherwise I don't think this should delay our trip because we will be staying at sites with shorepower.

I'm not sure what to check next

Is there a loud "click" each time the power cycles? Probably near the battery. I'm wondering if you may have a 12v auto reset circuit breaker cycling

i agree!  The breaker should be near the battery, maybe on the opposite side of the battery compartment wall.  The fuse may look like this:

https://smile.amazon.com/Fastronix-Automatic-Reset-Circuit-Breaker/dp/B07NSD3KYH/ref=pd_ybh_a_16?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=H3V9HGCRY7ZJP1BF06EW

There should be 3 or 4 of these for different circuits

Yes there is a click but it is louder inside the trailer.
There is no battery compartment; I have a tongue-mounted battery box.  I traced the cables from the batteries and they have terminal blocks on the left hand side frame rail but no resettable breakers.  The wires are in a bundle the goes up into the enclosed underbelly.

Those terminal blocks may be automatic resetting breakers.  Jump the terminal block and see if that fixes the problem.  If so, replace the terminal block /breaker.

Thanks, Grashley.  You are correct.
It was the automatic circuit breakers mounted on the trailer tongue.  Both were bad.  Diagnosing was difficult because I had other problems that had to be sorted. 

All seems well tonight. 

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom