rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: Best deals on fuel?  (Read 1423 times)

TomJF

• ---
Re: Best deals on fuel?
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2020, 02:00:48 PM »
I lived across the street from a Costco in Concord, CA.  Their gas prices were consistently 25-30 cents a gallon lower than anywhere else in the region.

So were the prices at the Arco station adjacent to the Costco and an independent station a few blocks away.  I wasn't a Costco member so I used these stations and made sure my tank was full before I left for work in the morning to take advantage of the low prices.

Once you got a mile or two away from the Costco gas prices went up to the area's average.
Our Costco on Maui is usually 80 cents less per gallon than the local stations.  Needless to say, most people on the island and even visitors fuel up there. Most days there are 150 to 200 vehicles waiting, but the lines move quickly.  Safeway opened a station nearby, with prices competitive with Costco, and this is moving the traffic away from Costco somewhat.
I am noticing a number of class B and a few class C RV's on island recently.  They would have to be pretty self sufficient, since there are no dump stations or shore power access anywhere on the island that I know of.
1997 Roadtrek 190 Popular
Based in New England

Chakara

• ---
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2020, 03:45:04 PM »
  For diesel I wanna throw in my vote for TDS/EFS card.  While the truck stops "list" price is always high, from what I have seen I save .10 to .30 / gallon compared to stations on Gasbuddy in the vicinity.  That plus the easy in/out of the truck lanes and being able to fill both the truck and the transfer tank (opposite sides) from a single transaction make it MORE than worth it to me.

Heck, when on the road I used to use the truckstops for those conveniences  even without the discount!

-Chak

Oh, there is a referral program as well - the referrer can get $25 credit after the new user pumps 100 gallons.....I'm not looking for that from you all, didn't provide the info, just letting ya know.

2018 Arctic Fox 27.5L
2015 Chevy 3500 Dually LTZ

TonyL

• ---
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2020, 04:19:15 PM »
 One further note, the TSD fuel card will only give the discount price in the truck lanes. Apparently it will work in the rv dedicated Lane and the standard car pumps, but it will not give you the discount rate.
TonyL

NY_Dutch

• ---
  • Home is where our wheels are!
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2020, 07:43:56 PM »
When available, we prefer Pilot/Flying J stations for the convenience, and with our Good Sam Swipe and Save membership card we get a 5 cent/gal discount on gas. On top of that, for all fuel purchases we pay with our PenFed Cash Rewards VISA card that gives us a 5% (not "cents") rebate automatically applied monthly to our balance for all pay at the pump purchases.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox base plate

NSRoadtripper

• ---
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2020, 01:40:29 PM »
  For diesel I wanna throw in my vote for TDS/EFS card.  While the truck stops "list" price is always high, from what I have seen I save .10 to .30 / gallon compared to stations on Gasbuddy in the vicinity.  That plus the easy in/out of the truck lanes and being able to fill both the truck and the transfer tank (opposite sides) from a single transaction make it MORE than worth it to me.

Heck, when on the road I used to use the truckstops for those conveniences  even without the discount!

-Chak

Oh, there is a referral program as well - the referrer can get $25 credit after the new user pumps 100 gallons.....I'm not looking for that from you all, didn't provide the info, just letting ya know.

I've got the EFS card in hand!  Their app seems very useful pointing out stations and prices as well!  I don't think Costco or sams clubs will be useful- our Fred is diesel- I think the clubs only service gasoline??