Arizona and Boon Docking???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KandT

Just flew to Phoenix and drove to the Grand Canyon and Page area. 

All those RV's pulled off the road - Are they Navajo or are they legally boon docking on BLM land? 

Still trying to figure out legal Boon Docking - out in the countryside.  Not the WalMart ;)

That is hard to know without knowing your route, there is Navajo land and BLM land, and National Forest Land along the main route between the Grand Canyon and Page, it all depends on where you are.

Web sites and apps (like free camping, RV Parky, etc) will show great places to boondock and it'll say whether it's BLM or National Forest etc. What you're seeing could possibly also be private property. Unless you see it posted as public land or have GPS coordinates to check, I would be hesitant to just pull up next to others.
Edited to add- if you see someone outside, you could always pull up and ask :)

We tend to camp at State Parks, Forest Campgrounds etc. some are very cheap especially if you have a senior pass. Try www.campendium.com, it's pretty good too. Or even forest website looks like a good resource, not used it though but might this year....

https://www.fs.fed.us/ivm/index.html

Lots and lots of BLM and Forest Service dispersed camping areas in those areas. They are probably legal. Look at Campendium, freecampsites.net, and AllStays Camp&RV. All show many sites in the area. One big advantage of the West is the large amount of primitive and boondock camping.

Jackie, on the topic of national forest campgrounds, I found one in New Mexico (Cosmic Campground, which is a dark sky observing site) in October that was even free, of course it did not have much in the way of amenities, just a pit toilet that I attempted to avoid due to the smell, and some added gravel at the rv sites.

Isaac-1 said:
Jackie, on the topic of national forest campgrounds, I found one in New Mexico (Cosmic Campground, which is a dark sky observing site) in October that was even free, of course it did not have much in the way of amenities, just a pit toilet that I attempted to avoid due to the smell, and some added gravel at the rv sites.
Fab, if we head to NM I will keep that in mind.

We like the forest sites, often they are spacious with a lovely setting.

Why don?t you goggle- Arizona BLM dry camping and/or get the official BLM regulations on line?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom