Air Conditioning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pilothawk

I have found a MH that I like.  One owner, 32 foot Winnebago Adventurer. 

The big concern I have is the engine A/C is inop.  Owner says they just run the house A/C and no problem.

So, my question is the estimated repair cost, assuming new compressor, and probable coolant swap over since this is a 2002.

Anyone have a rough estimate?  Engine is gas, Triton V10.

Thanks in advance.

It really depends on what's wrong with it. A bad compressor will cost a lot more to fix/replace than a simple refrigerant recharge. If the cause is not known, you might want to try recharging it first to see if that fixes it. It's not a hard DIY job, just follow the steps and don't over-charge it. A pro repair shop (one that you trust) will be able to diagnose the cause much easier though.

Kev

Bad Compressor can hit around 1000 dollars (Been there, Done that) give or take depending on the shop.

Also some shops .. Well Some shops can do a job in an hour that takes other shops all day at much higher labor rates.

Took my Guy about 1 to 1.5 hours during which time I had other things to do.

I agree with Kevin, might be a simple recharge.  But if you are estimating worse case scenario, I'd estimate $2000.  Probably less, but sometimes you need lots of system parts, and the list adds up.  It's like asking the question: My engine won't start, how much will it cost to get fixed?  It all depends.  Maybe the owner will let you take it to a trusted shop to have it evaluated.  And while it's at the shop, have them look over all the mechanicals for obvious concerns.  Many people do this prior to purchasing a motor-home, especially one 18 years old.  Good luck, hope it works out for you :))

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pearl Constance de_la She
Back
Top Bottom