SOLVED 12V in coach lost

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

myface

I do not know how this happen, but I lost 12V in coach. None shows at control panel and I can not find master switch or BA fuse. I have 12V when gen is running, but as soon as I turn it off the 12V is gone. Any help?. Thanks

Edit by staff - changed message icon to topic solved

The house batteries would need to be disconnected by either a fuse, switch or a bad connection either the positive ot the negative or they are no good or not there.

Must be one of those conditions.

Post additional info. Make, year, model, converter, inverter, battery type etc

"Lost 12v" is pretty broad.  Are you sure it is all lost?  No interior lights? Fridge doesn't cool?  A/c thermostat is out? 

If indeed it is all lost, it sounds like the battery disconnect has engaged.  You have 12v power when the generator powers the converter/charger, but not when you rely on battery only.  What about with shore power?

Your Brave has a Battery Disconnect (Use/Store switch), usually located by the entry door. The switch operates a battery disconnect relay, which will be somewhere near the house batteries.

Control box?  Can you identify that as to function and brand/model? Sounds like to may be the converter/charger.

The Aux switch is almost surely the disconnect and your jumper clearly bypasses it.

Control box for 12V. The aux switch click, but nothing happen. The aux switch goes to solenoid in front of vehicle. I am suspecting the solenoid.

Check the solenoid and works as supposed to. I lost power between solenoid and control box(power distribution). I do have 12V when I start the generator.

The AUX Battery switch is the switch that controls the latching relay that disconnects/connects the House Battery. It is an Intellitec Latching Relay

Intellitec Battery Disconnect Relay
https://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/electrical-plumbing-lp-gas/rv-electrical-systems-and-accessories/battery-switches-relays/rv-converters_002733?gclid=CjwKCAiAx_DwBRAfEiwA3vwZYp3ithcNrbNcG_slE7PgoA83iL4B6pLurxYpETIAI3KHVRHLnIdNTxoC-HQQAvD_BwE

There are two fuses on the relay

Battery Disconnect Service Manual

https://www.intellitec.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/53-00066-100.pdf

Another helpful test would be to check the batteries for charge voltage with the generator running.

With the generator running use a volt meter and measure the voltage at the battery with the generator running. Should be over 13 volts. Re-check the voltage with the generator off. You should measure at least 1 volt of change.

There may be a master fuse between the batteries and the distribution box. These are best located very close to the batteries which provides the best protection.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom