Hot water not running when hooked up to city water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kinsman57

So, last night I did the dishes before going to bed and the hot water in my motor home was fine.  I woke up this morning and turned on the hot water and nothing came out.  I got plenty of cold water when I turned it to cold.  I then turned off the faucet outside and turned on the pump for my inside water and got plenty of hot water from the tap.  Does anyone have any idea what would cause this??

Where are you? How cold is it outside? What kind of motorhome?

What I'm thinking is that some portion of your water system froze up, but if you're in the warm south that seems unlikely. If that's not it, then we need to know is this problem with all hot taps in the coach or only with one? A bit more information may help troubleshoot your problem.

That last piece of info about hot water working with the pump but not city water narrows what to look for, but more info would still help.

Thank you for responding to my question.  Mystery solved and boy do I feel dumb.  I was talking to a ranger an hour ago and she notified me that the water had been turned off.  When I turned the water off outside, I checked and there was water coming from the faucet, perhaps it was only what was left in the line, but not enough pressure to get to the hot water heater.  If this ever happens again, I?ll make sure to run the faucet longer. ?

LOL, that's actually hilarious. Glad you found the issue, because nothing I know of could have caused those symptoms  ;) ;D

I love fixes like that.
Oh by the way, welcome to the forum. Please don't be  stranger. We're here to help.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom