First time on in a while, major back surgery

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wizard46

Had major back surgery a few weeks back
30 years back I had L6 bone fused to S1
12 years back I had L4 and L5 fused to L6 using screws, post and rods
This time I had L1, L2 and L3 fused to L4 also using screws, post and rods.
The L4 and L5 rods had to be removed to extend to the new  posts.
I now have two incisions about 8 inches long. Entire lumbar section of spine is now fused.
This is first day I have felt like getting back on line. Things are getting better one day at a time. Don't know how long before I can get back on the road but a least a couple of months. Y'all carry on without me aod I'll be back.

I keep wondering if I'm going to need that.  Long ago ) 1970's) broke 2 vertebrate (L1-2) and for the last 30 years Plus I've had back pain.. up till Jan last year it was getting worse and worse.  Physical therapy helped a bit but no cure..  Thinking about the break, and likely collateral damage I got the bright Idea the Dr. ho Belt might help me.. IT has.. Though I still have some pain it is a lot less.> BUT IS STRESS THIS.  I made the choice to try it based on my medical history and knowledge of the effects of Traction on the kind of thing I suffered...  What works for me may well not work for thee. (had to make it rhyme)

Here's hoping things go well for you now. Had back surgery many years ago and it cured my pain pretty quick. 

They removed bone from my hip and put it in my upper neck. Took longer for my hip to heal up than my neck.

Update:
First thanks for all the wishes:
Surgery complete on 12/30/19, Went real good. Surgeon installed hardware to fuse L1 to L3. Had to remove L4 to L6 hardware to extend it. Still recovering but at the point that I can at least drive some, short trips only. Can't drive motorhome. I'm turning into 6 million dollar man, older people will know what that means, but the 6 million dollars is just to keep me going. I'm attaching a photo of my new lumbar hardware.

Hardware photo

Attachments

• rsz_1rsz_back_hardware_1.jpg
    rsz_1rsz_back_hardware_1.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 29
  • rsz_1rsz_back_hardware_1.jpg
    rsz_1rsz_back_hardware_1.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 26
Yeouch!  Glad to hear the OP was a success and you are out and about.

Here's to a speedy recovery!

You get on the road and park near me - glad to give that extra pair of hands, bad advice and full glass just like any good neighboor (empahsis on boors!)!

Keep us up to date when you start travelling - CARAVAN!

Had back surgery #'s 3 & 4 last year. #3 was a total failure (should have sued) and 60 days later I was in Houston for #4. The surgeon for #4 was the same one from #2, should have gone back to him and skipped #3..... Live and learn!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom