Can?t find my gray tank #2 release

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AshleyQC

My 2015 Keystone Cougar 26RBI has two grey tanks and a black.  I have found a handle for 1 black and 1 grey but can't find a second.  I have looked everywhere. Please tell me someone out there has this camper and can show me a picture or diagram of where this darn thing could be.  Everything I have read says around the  Axel and wheels but I just don?t see it.... :'(    The indicator is telling me it?s almost full. 

I can't tell you where yours is but for starters, it's probably on the drivers side. On mine, it was just behind the rear wheel. Look real close. Also look for a hole in the frame at the same time. On mine, if I had a blowout, it would have torn the tank drain handle/rod right out of the rig. I've since modified mine so I won't have that problem.
Can you contact the previous owner or call the dealer if that's where you bought it from.

The specs for your trailer say there is only one gray tank with a 56 gallon capacity, did you get an optional extra tank by chance?

https://www.rvusa.com/rv-guide/2015-keystone-cougar-xlite-travel-trailer-floorplan-26rbi-tr21201

Looking at the specs for your trailer as well as they said, above it says you only have one tank for gray water.

That being said, my 2015 keystone Dinali fifth wheel spec says one gray water tank as well but I have two Dump valves for gray water. They are about 3 feet apart.

I have a Keystone Cougar TT with a separate gray tank for 'galley' - the pull is located drivers' side, rear, past the dining slide.  It looks slightly different from the other two and I had a hard time spotting it also.  If I was home (and didn't have skirting covering it) I could take a picture.  Sorry, good luck, and hope that helps!

SpencerPJ said:
2 tanks, tied together
http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24962

Crisis Averted! 

Dang, Spencer are you a detective or what? 

This is why I love RV Forums. 

Lot's of Experience, Advice, Help, and Fun, and most importantly, opinions. 

I know I'm late to the party, BUT, I just went thru the search and destroy trip you did, on my '05 Keystone Cougar 27 EFS. If not for the patient help from some others on this board, it would have been much worse.

Must be a Keystone thing, Their tech help was clueless, 2 calls, no help. I finally got under the trailer, on my back, to find the valve, inboard and slightly in front of the driver side front wheel.

My galley tank valve is pitched down, so that I can't get an extension rod to work and be accessible at the same time. Cable activator is not a workable solution either. I'm going to relocate the valve and move the handle more in line with the existing grey and black water valves. I'm way too old and fat to be crawling on my back to dump the galley tank.
Just thought I'd add my 2 cents.

Paul in Floriduh

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom