rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: Hearing aids - good news bad news  (Read 821 times)

phil-t

• ---
  • Moving Along
Re: Hearing aids - good news bad news
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2020, 03:55:36 AM »
Scott, this is what I use at home, in the S&B house.  From Amazon
They are FM (RF) so bluetooth interference is not an issue (We have so many blurtooth devices and they all compete for the same 2.4 ghz airspace, along with other WiFi stuff we have. 
They have been flawlessand great quality, base connects via the RCA audio output on the TV, I beleive you can get for most any type of output.  I can walk anywhere in out S&B house (basement to upstairs) and not loose the audio. Separate volume, i.e. I can mute the TV volume and use the headset, or use both.
Good luck with your search for a usable system.

2010 Winnebago Vista 32K on an '09 F53 22K Ford V-10 gas chassis.
2014 Cadillac SRX in tow.
CHF, DIY rear TrackBar
Retired - Moving Along

Back2PA

• Photo moderator
  • ---
Re: Hearing aids - good news bad news
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2020, 06:22:10 AM »
Scott, this is what I use at home, in the S&B house.  From Amazon

Thanks Phil, I've actually owned that exact headset in the past and it was great when I wanted to watch TV without disturbing someone. My desired use this time however will be watching TV with others where we will also have conversations, so I'd like to avoid an over the ear style headset.

At the moment I'm leaning towards trying out the personal hearing amplifier so I can use it at movies also, and if I'm not happy with that going with the Bluetooth (or FM) TV audio transmitter.

I'm also planning on a full 'test drive' of higher grade hearing aids that others have suggested
Scott
2014 Montana High Country 343RL (37')
2011 SD F-250 Crewcab LB 4x4, 6.2 Gas, 10K gross
Eezrv TPMS
Fulltimer