Coachmen Aurora 2001 House Battery Picture

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

satkhalsa

Hello All,
I am a newbie and just bought a Motor home Coachmen Aurora 2001. The house battery were disconnected and I have no picture to hook it back together. If any one has this coach I would appreciate a picture of the batteries in the step as you enter the rv.
Also the motor for the main slide is out so I would need the location so I can replace it. I have the motor that the previous owner gave me.
I opened the slide with hand crank and now I can not pull out the hand crank its like something is holding it. Please help. SOS.

Attachments

• Battery Coachmen aurora 2001  .jpeg
    Battery Coachmen aurora 2001 .jpeg
    181.9 KB · Views: 42
Do you have a switch on the dash for emergency start?  Do you have a separate engine starting battery somewhere else?

1. Trace all the wires back to where they go, if they go to a solenoid trace them further back.
2. You want to identify the main positive wire to the house and the main negative wire to the frame.
3. All 3 of those batteries are RV/Marine deep cycle.  If you have no separate starting battery someone is using the wrong type of battery to start the engine. If you do have a separate starting battery someone has attempted to add a third house battery.  The top battery has no hold downs. The black wire thru the metal might be undersized and has no wire loom.
4. Once you know what you are dealing with for batteries 1 starting, 2 house or 3 house.  Connecting them is fairly simple.  See attachment.  I suspect these are all house batteries with an add on third.  I would go back to the original two and start with new batteries.
5. The color of wires on my Aurora have no meaning.  The tape on the ends has meaning.  You would need a wiring diagram to decode. All the original wires had wire loom to protect them. This prevents shorts and possible fires.

Attachments

• 2x12vbatteries-in-parallel.jpg
    2x12vbatteries-in-parallel.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 12

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom