Peters Pond campsite, Cape Code, MA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

31qbss

We went to Peters Pond campsite in Cape Cod, MA this weekend.  Nice clean campsite, but the spaces available for daily / weekly trailers & popups are not in such a great location.  It is such a wonderful campsite, that all of the great spots are taken by seasonal or privately owned spaces.  We booked space BE4 which is almost the only trailers site will full hookups that is on the water and has it's own jetty for boats ... even 1 year in advance, we got the last week available in July.  I must admit the lake (pond?) is wonderfully clean and the campsite has abundant beach areas and fishing areas.  Swimming is roped off and there are adequate restrooms and showing facilities.  There are plenty of dumpsters, and we noticed that they are in the process of constructing about 30 new sites ... so the squeeze will be a little less!  Even so, there were nightly activities and I liked the open field camping area of tents.  There's something nice about choosing where you want to pitch your tent!  This was out 2nd trip, compared with KOA at Newburgh, this was a little more noisy at night ... many more families were here.  We thought it would have been good to have trash pickup at the site (like KOA) but there was none.  There were many people who were clearly positioning for a while .. and some campsites were is considerable disarray (That would be an understatement!)  I liked that there was a no bike/scooter riding rule down steep hills .. infact, my daughter even got a warning for doing it!  The entrance was gated and there was always someone on duty to check that you had you tag.

Sue

Sounds like a nice park.... And as it happens I have a very good excuse to visit the cape (Sister in s. Orleans, also her family)

I heard they got rid of the rotaries at the mainland end of the bridges.. Interesting,  here in Michigan they are now getting rid of nice light controlled intersections.... And installing.... Rotaries...  Gee. someone has it right.. I don't think it's Michigan even if I do understand rotaries having learned to use one more years ago than I choose to admit.

Back
Top Bottom