rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: Where is it?  (Read 469 times)

c5cruiser

• ---
Where is it?
« on: January 26, 2020, 02:34:47 PM »
I have a 2017 Holiday Rambler 39F and I cannot find the trickle charger atachment cord.

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
Re: Where is it?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2020, 04:11:09 PM »
Not sure what you mean by that. Most coaches charge batteries only via their onboard converter/charger (which is hardwired to the 120v power system) or the engine alternator. Is yours supposed to have some other charger with its own power cord?
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck
Summers: Black Mountain, NC
Home: Ocala National Forest, FL

F15equatro

• ---
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2020, 08:15:45 PM »
When you plug into shore power, it should charge your batteries and also power everything else (AC components assuming you have the correct amps and volts).  You could add a direct line to charge your batteries via trickle charger.  I did that but only because I disconnect that batteries when I store the coach from time to time.

Hope that helps.

John From Detroit

• ---
  • ^My New Home^
    • Diabetics Forum
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2020, 07:02:43 AM »
Ok of the RV"s I've seen they are divided into two or 3 groups in this respect.

Older units may have a Magnetek 6300 or equivalent  This is a trickle overcharger (it only charges at a few amps but it never stops so it boils batteries dry.

Newer units have multi-stage chargers or good well regulated single stage  I won't go into the differences.

The ONLY RV's I've ever seen with a 2nd "Trickle Charger" it was after market added by the owner (Only one and the battery was flat as a slice of toast. I mean would not even take a charge)

Nothing adds excitement like something that is none of your business
My Home is where I park it.