EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products PO Box Zone
Over The Network Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Recommendation for New England  (Read 2512 times)

31qbss

• ---
Recommendation for New England
« on: August 06, 2007, 07:08:32 AM »
We may try and squeeze in a camping trip at the end of August.  Since we are centrally located in MA, we could got anywhere within a 150 mile radius of Boston.  Does anyone know of any wonderful campgrounds?  Looking for full hookups (30amp).  Doesn't have to be water front, but we'd love it if it was!

Sue

MikeCT

• ---
Re: Recommendation for New England
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 07:53:36 PM »
Check out Lake Forest RV Resort in Wakefield, ME.  Beautiful spot, huge spaces, crystal clear lake, even a par three golf course (4 holes constructed so far).  The site is 95% seasonal but everyone is friendly. Very relaxing place.  www.lakeforestrvresort.com

Jim Dick

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 10:31:35 PM »
Sue,

If you would like to visit the shore in CT and don't mind high fees there's a campground near Mystic, CT that might work for you. It's close to Mystic Seaport and not too far from Westerly, RI. I can't remember the exact name but it's Highland campground or Highland Acres, I think.
Jim

Titusville, Florida
U.S. Navy Veteran
2000 American Dream 40' DP
2012 GMC Terrain
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50T Motorcycle
http://photo.net/photos/jimdick

joelmyer

• ---
  • Joel (W4JNM) and Camille, GA
    • The Retirement Saga
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 04:14:25 PM »
yeaup

We did a SMART Muster once at a campground near Mystic Seaport.  Don't remember the name and I don't remember it being expensive.  I do remember enjoying the tour of Mystic Seaport with Fred & Daisy.

Fred: "Do you want to go see the submarine or Mystic Seaport."
Daisy: "I've seen enough of that military stuf!" (or some four letter word staring with s)

Joel
Joel (W4JNM) and Camille, GA

cougar3514v

• ---
  • 5'er in Gatlinburg
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2007, 08:00:15 PM »
In Mystic we stayed at the Seaport Campground.  Is that the one you two are talking about?  We liked it very much and found it to be quite convenient to all of the attractions. We also stayed in the Boston/Cape Cod KOA. (Yeah, I know about KOA's, but this one was close to my sister and it really was quite nice.)  It's very close to Plymouth, MA.

-Dave
2005 F350/Crew Cab/Powerstroke/SRW
2006 Keystone Cougar 309EFS
Blessed with the perfect wife, kid, and dogs

Jim Dick

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2007, 09:51:59 PM »
yeaup

We did a SMART Muster once at a campground near Mystic Seaport.  Don't remember the name and I don't remember it being expensive.  I do remember enjoying the tour of Mystic Seaport with Fred & Daisy.

Fred: "Do you want to go see the submarine or Mystic Seaport."
Daisy: "I've seen enough of that military stuf!" (or some four letter word staring with s)

Joel

Joel,

Sure sounds like Daisy. ;D ;D ;D You sure do get a straight answer from that wonderful lady!! :)
Jim

Titusville, Florida
U.S. Navy Veteran
2012 GMC Terrain

Jim Dick

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2007, 09:54:15 PM »
In Mystic we stayed at the Seaport Campground.  Is that the one you two are talking about?  We liked it very much and found it to be quite convenient to all of the attractions. We also stayed in the Boston/Cape Cod KOA. (Yeah, I know about KOA's, but this one was close to my sister and it really was quite nice.)  It's very close to Plymouth, MA.

-Dave

Hi Dave,

No, that's not the one to which I am referring but it is another in the area. Haven't been to Seaport so cannot comment on what it is like.
Jim

Titusville, Florida
U.S. Navy Veteran
2012 GMC Terrain

Daisy

• ---
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2007, 03:11:42 PM »

Hey, Guys!  Why beat around the bush????  If you've got something to say, SAY IT, is my motto.  Unfortunately I do get a bit blunt, but no one is in doubt as to my answer.  I know stoo many people who speak a lot of words and I go around wondering what the answer really was!!!!!!

With me, YOU KNOW!

Daisy     ::)    :D     ;D
Daisy.  Location:  Sometimes here, Sometimes there.  All depends on the mood of the moment!

Jim Dick

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2007, 09:09:11 AM »

Hey, Guys!  Why beat around the bush????  If you've got something to say, SAY IT, is my motto.  Unfortunately I do get a bit blunt, but no one is in doubt as to my answer.  I know stoo many people who speak a lot of words and I go around wondering what the answer really was!!!!!!

With me, YOU KNOW!

Daisy     ::)    :D     ;D

And that's one of the reasons why we all love you! :) :)
Jim

Titusville, Florida
U.S. Navy Veteran
2012 GMC Terrain

Hosted by Over The Network