Legal paperwork during trips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MikeyInNY

Not full-timers, but planning extended camping trips 2-3 months at a time.  We plan to bring trailer & truck titles (in case we have issues), passports/Nexus card, the usual IDs and vehicle & medical insurance cards.  Do you recommend anything else?

Where do you store these documents? In truck or trailer?  I think the truck is more secure.  Do you use a fire safe?

We carry copies our will and power of attorney documents.

We use a fire safe and my brother has copies of everything.
All the above and DNR's.

We have the critical documents that are not easily replaced stored in our onboard 350-1 UL rated document fire safe (1700 deg.F for 1 hour without exceeding 350 deg.F inside). All of our important documents are also scanned and stored encrypted online on our personal cloud server.

We have the actual documents in storage, and carry certified copies in a small fire safe in the forward section of the RV, away from Propane and fuel tanks.

My lawyer suggests that keeping the actual titles in or with the vehicles is a bad idea.

I don't carry titles but I do keep a copy of each in my phone &/or tablet.
I keep a copy of my DD-214 in my phone too.
We also carry a copy of the dog's shot records along with their Vet's name & phone number.

I have all important documents scanned and stored on Dropbox. Accessible from anywhere on any computer.

Back
Top Bottom